- Luckily the puppy now has a name, Piper! Only 3 days late, but oh well.
- Piper has some serious potty training issues, thank goodness we buy toilet paper in bulk at Costco. It's going to be a long few weeks until we get her potty trained.
- Piper and Reilly are truly in love, it is so cute to watch them play and snuggle. Reilly has gotten very protective of her little sister, and rushes to protect her everytime she hears a dog or loud noise outside.
- Piper and Reilly also love each others food way more than their own. This little dance between bowls is driving me a little bonkers.
- Piper has very sharp little puppy teeth and loves to chew on Reilly's ears and tail. Luckily Reilly doesn't mind too much.
- Thank goodness for our new king size bed. With Reilly at our feet, and Piper on one of our pillows, we need all of the room we can get.
- The Zoku popsicle maker is a hit, and works so well! You keep it in the freezer when you aren't using it, then pull it out when you want to use it and frozen pops are ready in 7 minutes. The only down side is the freezing solution inside causes the machine to only work well with sugary mixes (no sugar substitutes), so no pops made with diet or sugar free juice. So far we've made pomegranate pops, and they were very good. They actually turn out like regular popsicles you buy, not ice cubes like the molds I had as a kid that took hours to freeze in the freezer and ended up tasting like plain ice.
- We spent most of Vday playing with the puppy and watching the Olympics. It was over 80 degrees here though, so it was nice to be out with Piper and Reilly a lot, and try to teach the pup how to walk on a leash.
- We made a super yummy dinner last night (post/recipes coming soon) and enjoyed some wine while watching more Olympics last night. It was the perfect end to a great day.
- I have enjoyed the Winter Olympics way more than I thought I would. For some reason I didn't remember enjoying them last time around, but I don't see how that's possible, because they're so great!
- Apollo Ohno's silver medal in speed skating Saturday night was so much fun to watch! I just love him, and can't wait to watch him win some more!
- Watching the Chinese skate in the pairs competition last night was amazing. How cute was it that they are married and were skating in the Olympics together on Valentine's Day? I can't wait to watch them again tonight in the finals. I'm sure they'll take home the gold.
Did you have a great Valentine's Day? Are you watching the Olympics as much as we are?