4.20.2010

What I've Been Up To!

It's another busy week here for CAwife!  There has been a lot happening on the job front, so I've been busy revamping my portfolio and such; and we're preparing for our friends Tracey and Dylan to arrive on Thursday night for a fun filled long weekend! Although I feel like I've got a lot going on right now, busy is good! 

Here's a little bit of what I've been up to:

Friday night, I stopped and picked up this little dress on my way home from work.  It's just too perfect for work to pass up.  Of course, I used a 15% off teacher discount, but I really wish they would have given me a heads up in the store that 30% off Friends and Family was just around the corner!  Oh well!


Saturday morning I re-potted our poppies that had completely dried up in the heat, with these bright and summery flowers! I love how they look, but now just have to try to keep them alive. We're already experiencing 90 degree temps, so watering these buds will need to be done at least twice a day! 
Don't they look so pretty in the orange pots?  They're actually a set of 3 across our patio wall, and I think they do a ton to add some color to the place!


Sunday afternoon I convinced CAhusband to watch Disc 1 of GLEE with me, and we both loved it!  I had a strong feeling that this show would be right up my alley, but I had no clue how much I'd truly enjoy it.  Discs 2 and 3 are currently on their way, and I can't wait to catch up to the new episodes that I'm saving on the DVR.  I'm so happy that CAhusband actually liked this show too. I mean, he definitely thinks it's a little lame, but he thinks it's funny too!


Last night I finally caved and snatched up this little dress during the last hours of 25% off and free shipping for Land's End Canvas!  Again, this dress will be perfect for school, and I'd been eyeing it since LEC's debut a few months ago.  I can't wait to get it and try it on. I was a little unsure on the sizing though, so hopefully it will work out; if not, it's going back.

Well I think that's all that's been going on for us here lately!  I hope you're all having a great Tuesday!

Blog Signature

5 comments:

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

love those dresses! I think Im going to add Glee to our Netflix list...everyone raves about it so much! Oh and those flowers are so pretty!

Virginia Belle said...

The flowers are so pretty! I love the Canvas dress, I have been admiring it myself so I can't wait to hear what you think. I recently ordered the heritage cardigan and love it!

Chanel Fashionista said...

I actually have a very similar dress to the yellow one. I found it at an outlet. It is super flattering on! Here is my post on it:
http://chanelfashionista.blogspot.com/2009/10/thank-god-for-raw-hide-bones.html

Lori said...

love the dresses! and GLEE is one of my favorite shows ever :) Have a great day!

sara said...

Love those two dresses, GORGEOUS!