Although this week's has seemed to go by VERY quickly, I'm absolutely exhausted. Sadly, I've become very accustomed to working my 5 hours a day (12-5), and this week's calendar broke my daily routine.
Normally, I wake up really early with CAhusband, feed and walk the dogs, then settle into the couch and catching up on my blogging and google reader while watching DVR-ed TV from the previous night. I then do some sort of house work before getting in the shower and getting ready for work. I usually get one errand in on my way to school, and by the end of the week I'm caught up on TV, errands, housework, etc. It may seem lazy, but oh, how I love this precious time!
This week; however, I had a morning dental appointment, and 2 super early shifts at J.Crew. Although nothing tragic, it totally threw off my normal groove and I feel like I'll be playing catch up forever. I haven't even watched this week's GLEE yet, and I was super excited to see NPH. Maybe I'll get that in tomorrow.
Anyways, here are my thoughts:
- Boy am I glad I didn't buy any of the items on my Ann Taylor Loft wishlist, because they're having a 30% off sale for full priced items this Saturday!!!! I will definitely have to make a trip this weekend while CAhusband is golfing.
This Saturday, May 22nd from 11-5 ONLY (I think)
- Thank God for super easy meals like mac and cheese from the box, frozen pizza, and pre-made Ravioli from Costco, because otherwise this little family would have gone hungry this week. Yup, that's right, I didn't cook a single "real meal."
- I finished The Time Traveler's Wife last Sunday and absolutely loved it! I think it's one of my all-time favorite books. CAhusband and I then watched the movie Monday night. Although we both enjoyed it, I didn't love it, and think I would have been thoroughly confused if I hadn't read the book. Did anyone else feel this way?
- I'm secretly relieved that TV is ending for the summer! Although there are a few shows that I'll continue to watch (mainly from Bravo) I'm looking forward to catching up on all of the books I want to read and doing more than sitting on the couch every night to watch our latest favorites.
- I'm pretty sure we hit 100 degrees today for the first time this year. Our weather man; however, refers to this as the "century mark," and everytime he says it I think I gag a little. For some reason I hate it when he says this and I have no idea why. Is "century mark" a common term for 100 degrees, and I've just never heard it before, or does our weather man just think he's extremely clever?
Alright, I think that's enough for tonight. Tune in tomorrow a.m. for the CSN stores $40 giftcard winner!