6.21.2010

11 Months In, and a Funny Story


Friday was our 11 month anniversary, and holy cow, how is it possible that one month from now CAhusband and I will celebrate our 1 year anniversary?!!?  It truly doesn't seem possible! 

Nothing much has changed for us this month, but I'll leave you with a little story to show you how well CAhusband knows me...

Some background info: Thursday I had to have an unexpected root canal.  Although it was much easier than I anticipated, my mouth was pretty sore that night.  CAhusband went to the store and bought stuff to make chicken quesadillas for dinner because this is a dish he can handle making on his own, and it was soft enough for me to eat.  When he came home from the store he also surprised me with a Kit Kat and Reeses.  I was super excited because I always have a sweet tooth and CAhusband rarely indulges it.  We both agreed to put them in the freezer (we like them that way) and then we would choose one to split after dinner.  We would then have the other one as dessert after dinner the following night. 

Well, we forgot about our frozen chocolate dessert that night, and I woke up Friday morning to a house with no food and a major sweet tooth.  It then occurred to me, oh yeah, we have that candy in the freezer! 

I started searching, but the candy was gone!  After a few minutes I realized that there was no way CAhusband actually ate that candy and that he had most definitely HID IT FROM ME, so that I wouldn't eat it!  Well, this was a challenge I would not lose, so the searching began. 

After minutes of searching, and nearly giving up I FINALLY found them both in the back of a box of Texas Toast!!!  Seriously, he hid them way in the back of a closed box of Texas Toast!!!!  Now, I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the fact that he knew I would want them so badly that he went to such great lengths to hide them, or the fact that I actually did find them. 

Now, what did I do?  Well I ate the damn Kit-Kat, for breakfast at 7 am, then hid the wrapper in the trash can.  I then added another Kit-Kat to my Target list, went to Target, bought the Kit-Kat and re-hid it in the Texas Toast box! 

CAhusband still has no idea that I did this, and there is one reason why.... he would never forget it and would tease me endlessly.  We have still not eaten the replaced Kit-Kat or the original Reeses, and I have pretended to forget about them.  One day soon CAhusband will exclaim, "Oh my gosh, let's eat that candy in the freezer that I bought for you awhile ago,"  and I'll respond, "Oh yea, I forgot ALL about that." 

Now, if I can just go until then without needing another chocolate fix, I'll be good. 
Do you see how well my husband knows me?  He knew I would crave that chocolate first thing in the morning, because I always want something sweet. Now, I don't think he's quite aware of how much I like a challenge or the lengths I'll go to in order to score some chocolate, but that's a secret I'm willing to keep. 

All in all, we're both a little sneaky, but I love my husband dearly!  Oh, and don't you worry, he's still yet to read this blog, so I'm not turning myself in at all.

Blog Signature

11 comments:

Mrs. Hesson said...

Oh no! I'm sorry that you had to have a root canal. Yuck! But, i'm glad the chocolate made it all better. Haha too funny!

April said...

That is hilarious! I love that you actually went and replaced the hidden Kit Kat...

(Mark is like that too though ... he NEVER lets me forget anything.)

Mr and Mrs. Stoneking said...

that is so funny! I LOVE that story!

Lindsay said...

CUTE story :)

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

haha too cute!

Deirdre said...

OMG we are living in parallel universes! I, your mother, was eating all the Hershey kisses at work and I ask the co-workers to hide them all. After a few days of being good, I was having a major chocolate attack, and went looking, and of course found them, in a JCrew bag in the freezer - like THAT didn't scream obvious! I asked them to re-hide, and I have yet to find them, thank God.

Valerie said...

That is the cutest story! The kit kat part sounds like something I'd totally do.

xo
Valerie

Lori said...

So cute! I LOVE me some chocolate in the morning too. Chocolate and diet coke-- I think you should try pretzel m&ms :)

Happy almost anniversary! What a gorgeous picture.

Melissa said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and saw you read "heart of the matter" recently. I love Emily Giffin! She just spoke in Dallas and I went and got my book signed, if she comes through your city you should definitely go. She's very funny and personable.

legalstyle said...

hahahahahahaha this is soooo awesome! this is totally something my BF would do.

sara said...

So freaking funny! (You better hope he doesn't read this post!). Sorry to hear you had to have a root canal!