6.18.2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

It's time for Fill in the Blank Friday over at The Little Things We Do!  This week is a "school" edition, which I kind of love!

1. The best thing about being in school was/is getting to see all of my friends everyday!  As a adult who has moved away from most of my friends, I miss the days when it was given that I would see them all EVERYDAY!

2. The worst thing about being in school was/is homework.  Although I begged my first grade teacher for homework because I thought it was so cool, once I got older I HATED the added stress of it.  I was involved in A LOT through middle and high school, and homework kept me too busy!  I am easily overwhelmed!

3. My favorite subject in school was/is spelling!  I've always been awesome at mastering a spelling list!

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered is Spanish.  Although I hated studying for Spanish SO MUCH, it really is something that I could use a lot.  Every once in awhile I toy with the idea of buying Rosetta Stone to become fluent, but dang, that program is expensive!!!

5. I could never get tired of studying .... let's be honest, I think it's pretty easy to get tired of studying almost anything.  I know there certainly isn't any school subject that I wouldn't get sick of.  I love literature though, and probably wouldn't ever get sick of reading great novels (required textbooks obviously don't fall into this category).  I also really like reading "teacher books" that introduce new teaching strategies, etc. 

6. The most memorable teacher I had was my 2nd grade teacher- Mrs. Mikesell,  my 4th grade teacher- Mr.Crow , or my 6th grade teacher- Mrs. Scamihorn.  They were all fabulous, and definitely contributed to the fact that I wanted to be a teacher myself some day! 

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose well, I kind of go to school for work, so I guess I've chosen both?!?!  I loved being in school though, and sometimes toy with the idea of going back to school to learn something completely different. 


Blog Signature

6 comments:

Kelly and Sara said...

I totally agree with 1 and 2! Missing seeing all of my friends everyday all the time!!

Charlotte said...

great post!! and I TOO looooove spelling!!!

Mr and Mrs. Stoneking said...

I completely agree with you... I love school and it would be so awesome to always go back and learn something new!

Faiza said...

i laughed at your answer to number two because i did the same thing! lol! thanks for playing along and answering my questions. happy weekend!

Sam said...

Seeing friends everyday was definitely the best! :)

Natalie said...

your favorite teachers had some crazy names!!! :)