6.07.2010

My Dishtowel Obsession

Okay, now I've mentioned my hand towel obsession a few times, but after doing some Anthro browsing this weekend, I realized I could easily sink a few hundred dollars into some gorgeous tea towels.  Luckily, I do have a small amount of willpower, and would only allow myself to buy one of these pretty towels every great once in awhile, although I would truly love to add them all to my collection.  Unfortunately, most of these towels are way to pretty to use for drying the dishes, and would likely just adorn the door of my oven. 

Here are the dishtowels on my Anthro wishlist:










Now, here are some of the dish towels that I actually own and love (and they don't cost an absolute fortune):


 I own tons of Williams Sonoma towels, and love them! 
There are always tons of the seasonal ones on sale after holidays too.
These are some of my all time faves.  I have 2 sets of aqua and 2 sets of white,
and they're really thick, yet soft. 

I mentioned these exact towels in my CSN giveaway, and am still obsessed with them!  They are incredibly soft, and come in tons of really pretty colors.


So, now that I've bored you all with my pretty dishtowel obsession, is there any random household item that you find yourself hooked on?  I'm almost embarrassed that I devoted an entire post to this... almost.

Blog Signature

9 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

I need new dishtowels SO BAD... but I just can't decide on any for our kitchen. Plus my hubs will tell me they aren't a necessity right now and I shouldn't be wasting my money on dish towels when I am about to be without a paycheck for 7 weeks... =0)

Valerie said...

They're all so pretty! You're right, I'd just want to look at them instead of actually using them.

How exciting about your LA getaway. You can pick my brain anytime. :)

xo
Valerie

Mrs. Hesson said...

How cute are all these?! Definitely wouldn't want to get any of these dirty. And i'm not a neat enough person for that not to happen :)

Lindsay said...

Came across your blog and thought I'd say hi! Im from so CA also and love your blog. Look forward to following you! :) Hope you are having a great week. Oh and those dish towels? I die :)

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

those are so cute!!!!!

sara said...

Only Anthro could make cute and fashionable dishtowels!

You all should TOTALLY get a DSLR, you will love it! The camera is completely worth the investment. If I can be of any help in that department, please do not hesitate to ask!

all things alyssa said...

Okay, I'm so with you on the anthro dish towels. I once fell so deeply in love with a set of anthro cloth table napkins that I had them sewn back to back and stuffed as pillows for my bed. Love these!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Maybe I would clean more if I could use a fancy dishtowel like those :)

Virginia Belle said...

You would be ashamed by my dishtowel collection. After seeing this post, I know I am. Now I want to go out and collect some beautiful ones immediately!