- CAhusband and I started watching Mad Men this week! We borrowed Season 1 from my parents, and already have Season 2 on the way from Netflix. So far it seems a little slow, but I've been warned of this! I figure anything that has been nominated for so many awards and has received so much hype must be good! We're both looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home this weekend after our really busy last month, so I'm sure we'll watch tons of it. One things for sure, we won't be laying in the sun, although CAhusband has decided 110+ can't scare him away from his golf game!
- I'm finally going to be able to get into my classroom again today! I haven't been to school in almost a month, and the looming deadline of school starting after Labor Day is sneaking up on me. I have a HUGE list of things I originally wanted accomplished before July 1st, but with picking up a nanny job Mon-Thurs, and leaving every weekend, I haven't even unpacked my boxes yet!
- I have yet to see even one of the movies on my summer must-see list! Since we're home this weekend, I've finally convinced my movie-theater-hater husband to see a movie with me! Due to the fact that I was able to actually get him to go, I vowed to let him choose the flick... his current choice is Despicable Me. Has anyone seen this? What did you think?
- On another movie note, I really want to see The Kids are Alright. I saw a review on the news this morning, and he said it was this year's Little Miss Sunshine, which is one of my all-time favorite movies! They also mentioned that this movie was already getting some Oscar buzz! I'm definitely adding this movie to my list, but am doubtful CAhusband will see this one with me! Have you heard about this movie? Doesn't it sound great?
- I am super excited to hear that Sophie Kinsella is releasing another Shopaholic book!! Mini Shopaholic is set to release in September, which means I need to finish the last two books in the series that I haven't read yet! Do you like the Shopaholic books? I originally didn't want to read them, but was convinced, and love how easy they are to read. They're pretty silly and are just the non-serious escape I need sometimes!
Well, that was a random post if there ever was one...
Have a great weekend everyone!