8.23.2010

Blogger Bookclub: CeeCee Wilkes Ch. 11-20

Here are this week's answers for The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.  Head over to Book Beginnings and Bookends to read everyone's answers!


1. Where do you think Tim and Marty are at this point in the story?
Who knows?!?!  I honestly have no clue where they could be, because I stopped trusting them very early on.  I bet they're on the road and skipping from place to place to avoid getting caught.  I honestly don't think that they ever intended to go back to the cabin to get CeeCee. 


2. What were your thoughts as CeeCee was helping Genevieve deliver her baby?
I was instantly worried when she went into labor because after reading the back of the book I knew she would die.  I kept wanting CeeCee to snap out of it and get her to a hospital.  Sadly, I knew that just wasn't going to happen! 

3. After Genevieve died, what would you have done with her baby if you had been in CeeCee's shoes?
I would have turned myself in.  The guilt over what I'd done would have been to hard to deal with, and I would have wanted the baby to be returned to her family.  Although I would have been in BIG trouble with the law, I have no doubt that's what I would have done. 

4. Why do you think CeeCee/Eve is still holding onto hope that Tim will come for her?
She loves him- plain and simple.  He got her into this mess and because she loves him, she thinks he'll come to the rescue her and the baby. 
5. How do you think Eve will establish her new identity in Virginia?
I think she will really struggle to leave CeeCee behind and become Eve, but I think she'll do okay.  She simply doesn't have an option, so I think she'll step up to the plate and make the best of a bad situation.   

6. What do you think of CeeCee/Eve now after she has gone through with the kidnapping, the delivery of the baby, the escape, and the relocation?
Although I still get mad at her when I think about what she's done, I also really sympathize with her.  She's such a sweet person who just got roped into a bad situation.  I'm easily frustrated with a lot of things she does, but I just can't bring myself to dislike her. 
 
Blog Signature

6 comments:

Vee said...

I feel the same way, regarding your answer to number 6. (Erm, and I finished the book, so I feel that way the whole. time.) What she did was so freakin' wrong, but she's so LIKEABLE! It's so frustrating to see good-hearted people do the wrong thing.

Lauren said...

I agree with your #1, I don't think they ever intended to go back to the cabin for CeeCee. You're #6 too, it was so hard to dislike her, I just didn't like the choices that she made. It's hard not to like her, she seems like such a good person who just made some wrong decisions.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I can't help but like her too but I kept pulling for her to make a good decision and she keeps screwing up more and more.

I linked up late because I had to leave for work before it was up so here's my link:
http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/08/book-club-secret-life-of-ceecee-wilkes.html

Rachel said...

I'm glad to see someone else would turn themselves in. I just couldn't go on with that secret!

sjm said...

I never read the back of the book so I had no idea she was going to die....until I approached the situation in the book.

Jessica said...

I love this book! And I really enjoyed reading what your answers to these questions! ...I really need to join a bookclub!