8.30.2010

Blogger Bookclub: CeeCee Wilkes Ch. 21-35


1. Do you think Tim is the one sending the money?
Yes I do!  I think he has figured out where Eve is living and is sending the money to help her raise the baby.  I think it's his way of apologizing for getting her involved in the whole mess. I don't know who else would be sending it?


2. So far, there's been a lot of discussion on CeeCee/Eve and her choices. What choice(s) would you make differently from her?
Basically all of them during her life as CeeCee!  I wouldn't have ever fallen for Tim's scheme, I wouldn't have let Genevieve die by not taking her to the hospital, and I wouldn't have taken off with the baby.  Now, once she's living her life as Eve I think she's making pretty good choices.

3. What do you like about Jack? Are there things about him that you don't like?
Basically I like Jack because he seems to have a really youthful side to him, which is good for Eve because she never really had that.  I think he seems kind, light-hearted, and caring.  At times he seems a little hokey, but overall I think he's a very likeable character.

4. What are the differences between CeeCee/Eve's relationship with Tim and Eve's relationship with Jack?
CeeCee's relationship with Tim was all a lie.  Tim never cared for CeeCee they way that she thought he did, and was simply using her.  Although Eve's relationship with Jack is also based on a lie, I truly believe that they love each other.   CeeCee's relationship with Tim was also moving way too quickly.  Eve is taking her time with Jack, and I think that's a smart move!
 5. Do you think Eve is to blame for Cory's fears? What could she do, specifically, to help Cory feel like less of an outsider?
Yes I do.  Eve simply sheltered Cory too much because of her fears of eventually being found out and losing her.  Eve needs to stop babying her and needs to start exposing her to more things.  Although I'm sure Cory would struggle, taking baby steps towards new things would surely help.  Treating Cory differently than Dru also doesn't help much!

6. Do you think Eve appropriately answered Cory's questions about her father? Do you think Cory will question her father more as she grows older?
I don't really think she answered Cory's questions all that well, but given how little she could actually share, I think she did the best she could.  I think Cory will only grow more unsatisfied with Eve's vague description of her father as she grows older. 

Blog Signature

2 comments:

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Isn't this such a good book? I agree with you about most things except I give Tim a little less credit in question 1 :) Can't wait to do this week's reading!

Rachel said...

Hokey....such a good word to describe Tim!!