8.18.2010

Dying for Fall to Get Here

Luckily, our summer has been pretty mild by desert standards... until this week!  Somehow our "it's a dry heat" desert has turned into a tropical rain forest!  It has been 110 and insanely humid, which is not a good combo.  I can handle super hot, but I DO NOT tolerate humidity!  Please, someone just put me out of my misery.

Although I'm not quite ready to go back to work full time in a few weeks, I am so ready for fall to get here.  I've realized I won't even be able to wear a sweater in November, but I still can't wait for a slight break in the temps come late September. 

Football
We love Colts and Big 10 football, and can't wait for Saturday and Sundays in front of the
TV cheering on our favorite teams! 
I'm so excited to see where all of my favorite shows will go this season, and
there are a few new shows I look forward to watching! 
Although BRAVO is doing a good job of holding me over until then,
I still can't wait for my favorites to return. 

Although investing in these items is pretty pointless here, fall clothes are by far my favorite! 

Are you looking forward to fall? 

Blog Signature

12 comments:

Abby said...

I looooove those red boots! I've been looking for a great pair of red shoes. It's on my to-biy list!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Love the boots too! The bows are so cute!

Lindsay said...

I can't wait for all the shows to return! Oh an a fall wardrobe is my fav! :)

mel @ the larson lingo said...

yes! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fall! Love it! I could have written this post! Football, boots, sweaters, new tv line up, love it all!
Although, up here in Nor Cal, it has still been cold all week, so I have a bad feeling that summer weather is really going to be in Sept & October here. (that is what happened last time we had a cold summer) boo!

April said...

I cannot WAIT for fall. I have these boots from Clarks that I'm coveting (see my last post ... omg, I die.) I'm anxiously awaiting the fall tv shows, as you are, as well as Harry Potter 7, Part 1 in November. I'm hoping to possibly get to a college football game for the first time (I know, it's a travesty, I live in the South where the SEC is like another religion, and I've never been to a game.) I want to get my cozy sweaters out. I want to carve pumpkins and bake pie.

Fall weather seems pretty far away right now at the moment too - the temperature here has broken records all over the place. I'm tired of 100 degree weather. And you know in Alabama, the humidity stays at about 60% or higher all the time... it's rough.

Tracey said...

I can't wait for football parties/tailgates, chili, jeans, apples/apple cidar, my birthday, cardigans, fall leaves, and sooo much more! Oh, and of course, TV!

B said...

Seriously! it is WAY TOO FRIGGIN' HOT OUT! I'm ready for fall, too. But as soon as the weather starts to get down in the 50's, i'll be ready for summer time again. Ha :)

Natalie said...

Love all your wardrobe picks, especially the skinny cords! I am counting down the days til Modern Family returns, and you are right Bravo has been my saving grace this summer!!

Alissa said...

This gets me excited too! I've always loved the start of the change in seasons, new wardrobe options yay!

melissa said...

I love the fall for all the reasons you just named - slightly cooler temps, football and new tv. I also love hunting for the perfect pumpkin, baking fall treats and autumn scented candles. Come on fall!

Natalie said...

I'm not quite ready for fall (only bc that means winter is around the corner) but i am excited for fall foods & fall tv :)

Virginia Belle said...

So excited for Football (especially UVA and The COLTS!) I'm also incredibly excited to have my hair back when the humidity finally disappears. And I have to agree with you on the boots and cardigans, can't wait!