8.31.2010

An Interesting Day...

Today was an interesting day. 
-I nearly ruined my white jeans 4 times.
-I broke my car door then fixed it right as the tow truck got there.
-I went back to school officially.  We had Smart Board training today.  I learned so much and am so excited to get to work creating fun lessons for the kiddos. 
-I lost the parent packet that I created for BTS night after working on it for 2+ hours on my school comp.
-I learned I may be getting a new laptop to replace my slow as molasses school computer that lost the aforementioned parent packet.
-My sweet husband surprised me at school with a visit to my classroom.

Due to the fact that my mind is going 1 million places right now, here are my random thoughts...

I have started listening to music that I'm pretty embarrassed of.  The following songs are about the only songs that I can tolerate right now, and once the radio has overplayed them all in about 1 week I have no clue what I'll be listening to.  I feel like my current favorites resemble those of a middle school student. Oh well!
     -Taylor Swift, "Mine" (ok, not really embarrassed about this one, can't wait for her new CD)
     -Kesha, "Take it Off"
     -Katy Perry, "Teenage Dream"
     -Usher, "DJ Falling in Love Again"

I loved watching this season of Design Star on HGTV, and was beyond excited when Emily Henderson won.  I love her quirky personality and style, and am obsessed with her show Secrets of a Stylist.  Although there's just 1 special episode for now, I can't wait for her series to start.  Did you see her special on Sunday?  I love the premise of the show and think she's just what HGTV needs to add some variety to their lineup.


There was a bit of Emmy controversy in our house because someone (CAhusband) forgot to DVR the Emmy's for me while I worked at school all day Sunday.  I ended up completely missing the red carpet, but was able to piece together the entire show between the 2 showings.  I was so happy that Modern Family won big, and thought Jimmy Fallon did a great job.  Here are my favorite looks:

Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta

Claire Danes in Armani Prive

Alright, that's all I've got for now!  I hope you're all having a great week!

Blog Signature

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

You make me laugh! Hope tomorrow gets off to a better start :)

Anna Walker said...

Oh my gosh! I hope tomorrow is better for you! I just did a post on Taylor Swift's Mine. :)

AND aren't smart boards cool?!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

mrsashcake said...

LOVED Claire Danes dress... gorgeous!!

Hope tomorrow is better :)

April said...

You're a braver woman than I am ... I cannot stand listening to the radio for more than a few minutes at a time. I like Taylor Swift, but Kesha honestly sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I can't stand her...

Newlywed and Decorating said...

I did love that Emily won and her new show is great! Like you said, a good addition to HGTV. Hope everything with getting ready for school goes well!

amy anne said...

I've found that it's better to own embarrassing habits...mine is reality tv, and I bring it up all the time, knowing it's awful and usually laughing at myself.

Virginia Belle said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had such a crazy day. If it makes you feel any better, I almost ruin my white jeans every time I wear them!

Mrs. Bear said...

2 of those 4 songs are on my "First Week of School" cd in my car (yah I still make cds like a loser). Other songs include: "Ride" by Ciara, "Hotty Tottie" by Usher featuring Jay Z, and "Somebody to Love" by Justin Beiber featuring Usher... I am so not embarrassed. hahaha

AmandaRose said...

...and that is why I fear the white bottoms! I am nervous wreck all day!