8.19.2010

J. Crew Sweater Lust

I feel like I've gotten some new readers lately so I'm going to preface this post with a little background info.  Once we moved out here last August, and it became clear I wasn't going to find a teaching job for the school year, I started working at JCrew.  Eventually my sub license was processed, and I started subbing.  JCrew asked me to stay on to help out occasionally, and I now work there about 1-2 times a month. 

This week I had the privilege to work rollout on Tuesday and Wednesday morning.  I love working this shift, even though it's super early, because I love to look at all of the new stuff fresh out of the boxes.  I also get first pick of items we only get in 1 size run.  Although this job had proven that I am definitely not cut out for retail, I will hold onto this job as long as they'll keep me.  The discount is just too good to pass up!

Anyway, while working this week, I got to try on some of the amazing new sweaters!  Here are some of my favorites!

This sweater looks amazing on, and is definitely something I have no doubt I'd get tons of use out of if we lived somewhere cooler.  If you love cardis, you should definitely try this on, it's adorable!

I tried this on in a beautiful heather camel color, and am in love with it. 
The knit is super soft and warm!

This fabric is similar to last fall's mohair, but is softer and thinner. 
We have this in several colors not shown online, and the ruffle is so pretty. 

This cardi is online only, but I'm in love with it!!!!  I want to wear this with a white fitted tee,
skinny jeans, and my brown boots so badly! 

This cardi looks a little blah in this picture, but IRL it's adorable!  There are 3
buttons on each cuff that you don't see in the picture, and the accent color is actually a champagne colored satin.  I tried this on in a small which is my usual size, but it was a little short.  I definitely want to try it on again in a medium.  If you're between sizes, I'd size up on this one!


Blog Signature

10 comments:

Kelly and Sara said...

Love the tie front!

Lindsay said...

Cute sweaters. What a fun job :)

According to Ashley said...

I'm one of the new readers! :) I loooove J Crew but I hardly ever step foot in the store because I can barely afford and headband or a pair of socks there on my teacher's salary! I've also decided that I should never work at a store that I love because I would end up spending my entire paycheck AT that store, buying every gorgeous new item "because I get a discount" - hehe!

Anna Walker said...

Love the first one oh so much! :)

Lori said...

Love the first one! How cute :)

Abby said...

What a great job! And a gorgeous line too :)

Virginia Belle said...

They are all amazing, not that I'm surprised at all :) The ruffle cardigan definitely tops my list!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I love em' all, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for their sweaters!

April said...

I was in J. Crew the other day - I am in LOVE with their entire fall collection. Oh, if only we were rich...

Mr and Mrs. Stoneking said...

LOVE all your finds.... wish I wouldn't look like a whale in them though... but soon enough, after this baby makes its appearance in this world, I will do a major shopping spree... including jcrew!