8.22.2010

This and That

Here is a bit of a hodge podge to wrap up the weekend...

Friday afternoon I went and saw The Switch with some teacher friends!  It was really predictable, but very cute.  The little boy is adorable and was by far the highlight on the whole thing.  I think I actually said "Awe" about something this little guy said at least 50 times during the movie.


Saturday I went to Staples 3 times, Office Max 2 times, and Target once.  I love when people say, "You must be a teacher" when they see my buying a cart full of binders and paper folders!

I've decided Facebook is no longer entertaining unless one of the following things happens:
-someone gets engaged (bonus points if it's a little scandalous)
-someone announces their pregnant (scandal points awarded here as well)
-someone posts pictures of their really awesome wedding
-someone posts pictures of their really ugly wedding (I'm going to hell for saying that)

My husbands aversion to Twitter and blogging is starting to get on my nerves... why doesn't he understand this little hobby of mine??

CAhusband and I have watched Seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter recently, and are already starting Season 3.  Although I was certain I would hate this show because of the whole murderer thing, I LOVE it!  We're flying through it so far, and are hoping to finish Season 4 before the new season starts in late September. 


During my break at JCrew this weekend I walked to Anthropologie and almost bought the mini Latte bowls in every color.  Do I need them... nope! Do I want them in every single shade... YUP!  I just love my large ones so much, I can't imagine I wouldn't get good use out of the small ones?!  I also now realize that I have an obsession with buying things in every shade of the rainbow!


This time of year always makes me long for Purdue and Kappa!  Although RUSH was a pain in the ass at times, I always loved all of the excitement that came along with it.  I've had Kappa rush songs stuck in my head ALL WEEKEND (Kappa, Kappa Gamma, KKG, go Kappa Gamma - to the tune of Copa Cabana is currently on repeat in my brain).  Syllabus week with short classes, no homework, and frat parties every night of the week while drinking cheap beer sounds like so much fun right now.  Ahh, that first week back was always the best!

Blog Signature

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

I SO miss college at this time of year also. I don't think I knew that you were a KKG - ME TOO!! How neat! I was on panhellenic so I didn't have to do work week with my chapter, and I probably have much fonder memories of rush as a result. And yes, the songs still get stuck in my head too!

Lindsay said...

I eye those bowls every time I am in anthro also. They are amazing. Hope you had a great weekend :)

THE Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see that movie! I've heard it's not all that great, but I just love Jennifer Aniston and I have to see everything she does. :)

Tracey said...

Number 1. Why would you put the lyrics of the KKG song on here??? Now I'm going to start singing it and we all know how I felt about rush. ha
Number 2. So glad you are enjoying Dexter! Last season was the best so far. The finale was INTENSE!! Have you been watching Weeds or The Big C? I'm interested so see where Weeds goes from here.

melissa said...

Oh, I hate when I get rush songs stuck in my head. It's been more than 10 years since my first year of rush (OMG!) and I can still remember the words to almost every rush song we learned.

I love Dexter too - such a good show. And I have the mini latte bowls and use them all the time. I don't have the regular sized bowls and have been wanting them for quite sometime. I think a set of four in the pretty light blue color is in my future!

According to Ashley said...

Those bowls are adorable but I have absolutely no need for them either. :/ I've been going to Target, Walmart, Michael's, Office Max and Dollar Tree every day for the past two weeks and can you believe only ONE cashier has asked what grade I teach?? They must be used to it by now.

Newlywed and Decorating said...

I agree about Facebook - it is getting a little boring. Sounds like your first weeks back at college were fun - jealous! :)

Valerie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm dying to see The Switch. It looks super cute and I love Jason Bateman. Glad you liked it!

xo
Valerie

Kristin said...

I am looking fowward to seeing The Switch this weekend! I would also recommend Eat Pray Love. Very good and uplifting :) Happy Tuesday!

Courtney Crocker said...

When my husband told me he wanted to watch Dexter I thought I would hate it too... LOVE IT! The characters are great!