9.09.2010

Odds and Ends

I have made it through the first 2 days of school with my sanity intact, YAY!  I'm absolutely exhausted, but I have some adorable (and very funny) 2nd graders, and think it's going to be a great year.  Here are some random thoughts to get you through 'til my next cohesive post... 

-CAhusband and I have been on a HUGE Dexter kick lately, and managed to finish all of the released seasons (1-4) in less than a month!  Last night we finished season 4, and HOLY COW!!!!!  I can't believe how it ended, and am sooo bummed.  Thank goodness we have Showtime, I can't wait for Season 5 to start soon!

-I'm reading The BFG by Roald Dahl as my after lunch read-aloud to my class.  I haven't read this book in years, and the kids absolutely love it.  I'm really enjoying hearing the story all over again. 


-This past weekend I made a list of all the fall TV shows I want to watch with the premiere dates, channel, and time.  Yes, I'm a loser, but the possibility of missing one of my favorite premieres was causing anxiety.  I'm going to have to skip The Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars (I think the line-up sucks anyway)this year, I simply don't have the time or DVR capacity to squeeze them in. 

-Rachel Zoe's saying for this season, "Shut the Front Door" is my absolute fave.  I've been saying it a lot at home, and CAhusband is not amused.  He DESPISES Rachel Zoe (and all things BRAVO). 

-I have been living on Sargento reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese sticks and Diet Mountain Dew this week... I'm hoping to resume normal eating habits (as if I've ever really had those) by the third week of school. 


It's almost Friday, so I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  I'll be back Monday!
Blog Signature

10 comments:

Mr and Mrs. Stoneking said...

Oh dexter and diet mt. dew... my two loves!

Natalie said...

My husband despises Rachel Zoe too! He hates all bravo reality tv! and I love that you have a boxer!! Aren't they the best dogs ever!! Hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

Melissa said...

My husband hates all things Bravo too haha

Newlywed and Decorating said...

I really should watch Dexter! My in-laws love it too. Glad school is going well!

melissa said...

Dexter! Cannot wait!!! Though, I loved how last season ended. A certain someone (I won't ruin it for anyone who might care) was getting on my nerves!

I love RZ too! Shut the front door is good. I also like when she says "Major." My sister and I keep saying that one. It cracks me up. She is just so dramatic! Love her. Luckily, my husband watches some ridiculous TV so he doesn't really give me too hard a time about anything I watch.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Rachel Zoe, but I'm obsessed with Brad. The southern girls say "shut the front door" a lot! It's so funny to say.

I made my tv lineup the other day. It's overwhelming!

Virginia Belle said...

I desperately need to make my TV list for the Fall and clear out my DVR so I have room for all of the new shows! Glad to hear your first week back went well!

Val said...

Oh, how I love Dexter!!! Diet Mountain Dew???? I love that stuff. ; ) Happy Friday!

Rachel said...

I love Dexter....but you already knew that!

And Diet Mountain Dew? I love it too. You're not alone!

The Life We Love said...

How incredible is Dexter. My husband and i watched all the seasons back in November. I can not wait to see the new season! So so so amazing.