9.13.2010

OOTW: Back to School Clothes

I've decided I'm going to try doing a weekly OOTD (Outfit of the Day) post.  I don't have the energy to start up another blog to do it, and know I won't get around to individual posts, so my new goal is to post the outfits from the previous week each Monday.  This will mainly be "teacher clothes" but may include other outfits too.  Who knows if this will work out, but I enjoy other OOTD bloggers (I Take Photos in the Bathroom, Chloe Conspiracy, etc.), so I thought I would give it a try. 

WARNING: My current picture taking location requires me to stand on the toilet in our guest bathroom and take a picture in the mirror with mass amounts of  'hang to dry' clothes on the shower curtain rod behind me.  I'm working on improving the set-up, but in the meantime here are my first week back to school's outfits. 

PLEASE NOTE: The weather here is extremely warm still.  I will wear summer outfits through the end of September and beyond, seasonal outfits don't really apply here.  We rarely have weather that doesn't fit into the category of what most would consider spring or summer... so my wardrobe definitely reflects that. 

Wednesday, First Day of School:
Pleated Neck Sheath Dress from Ann Taylor Loft

Thursday:
Black V-neck T-shirt, Banana Republic (circa 2008)
Pink Quilted Skirt, Ann Taylor Loft (Spring 2010)
Beaded Necklaces, J. Crew (Summer 2010)
Black Leather Peep Toe Flats, Anthropologie (Spring 2009)

Friday (Casual, Jeans):
Striped Sequin Tee, Gap (Fall 2010)
White Matchstick Denim, J. Crew (Summer 2010)

Let me know if this is a weekly post you'll actually be interested in reading! 
I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!

Blog Signature

22 comments:

Mr and Mrs. Stoneking said...

look at you stylish teacher! LOVE all the outfits! wish I could fit in those type of clothes these days ;-)

Virginia Belle said...

I LOVE it! An OOTD post is so you and I can't believe you've made us wait this long to see the fabulous outfits you put together. I'll be looking forward to this post every Monday :)

PS I love that you're still rocking the white jeans. I love mine so much that I made a personal rule this year that if the white clothing is made of jean, it's allowed!

Melanie said...

yes, yes, yes! I love when people do outfit posts! You look adorable! I agree with Virginia Belle...I will be wearing white past Labor Day, I think the rule no longer applies. Can't wait to see more of your cute outfits

B said...

I looove your clothes :)

Lindsay said...

Such cute outfits! I love those black peep toes SO CUTE!

Amanda said...

I love these types of posts! I love all of your outfits, especially the ATL dress! Can't wait to see more outfits!

THE Stephanie said...

You're too cute! Love the outfits!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Adorable outfits! Love the post!

Natalie said...

Girl, I have been wanting to do this too! I love, love, love outfit posts and you have great style! Best dressed teacher! I will look forward to next weeks outfits and maybe I will start doing the same:)

melissa said...

Adorable outfits! And I defintely understand your comment on seasonal dressing. We don't have seasons either - just hot and really hot!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I really like these posts! I think I'll try an outfit of the week post as well, except right now i am dressing really bleh for work since I don't care that much about it...maybe when I get a new job.

Cami said...

Your clothes are so cute! You should definitely keep doing this. :)

Katie said...

I love this! Keep it up! Hey, if you want to join in on a blog hop...post your teacher ideas up on Thursday's and link it over to my page. I'm hoping to get it going with my teacher friends on here. katielately1.blogspot.com. :)

Lovely Little Nest said...

Cute cute cute! What grade do you teach?

According to Ashley said...

I'm DEFINITELY interested in more posts like these! I've been thinking about doing something similar myself. And PS - love your first day outfit! I have the same dress, but I'm way too tall to actually be able to wear it to school.

Rachel said...

You are darling! Love all these. You have fabulous style. I hope you keep this up!

PS...Have a great second week at school my teacher friend :)

Abby said...

Super cute! You look great!

Natalie said...

can I just say you are too adorable? Loved seeing your super cute outfits!!

Kristina said...

Yea! I love seeing teacher outfits! And they are adorable!

Kassie said...

Love your outfits! You're such a stylish teacher. :)

alanna said...

OMG! You HAVE to keep doing these! As a fellow californian, you know I understand what you're talking about, weather-wise! You look SO cute!
As an aside, I really need to check out Ann Taylor Loft! It looks like I've been missing out!

Kristin said...

Keep doing these! You dress so cute and stylish!