11.11.2010

My Fall/Winter Reading List

I just finished The Hunger Games, and although I originally hated the premise of the book, I couldn't get over all of the fantastic things I'd heard about it!  Although I was afraid it might be a little scary, I absolutely loved it.  The adventure of the book was so good that I was almost afraid to see what would happen next, but absolutely had to keep reading. 

*I'd like to note: although this book is geared towards teens, that didn't turn me away (hello, Harry Potter AND Twilight).  It made for a fast read (when I actually sat down to read it) and still had a very relatable storyline.

Now that I'm getting back into the reading thing again, I've layed out my next 5 books.  My goal is to finish them all by the end of Christmas Break, January 2nd.  I have no clue if it's possible since 3 of the 5 books are over 600 pages, but I read the final HP in 2-days, so I know I can do it as long as I don't get side-tracked!

 These will be the fastest reads on the list, so I'm going to put them in between all of the long ones!

Although The Corrections took me a solid 2 months to read, I loved it and definitely want to read Freedom.
I don't know anyone who had read this yet though, if you have, what did you think?

 Again, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo probably took me a good 6 weeks to finish, but I loved it and can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy!

What do you think?  What are your must-reads this winter?

Blog Signature

3 comments:

According to Ashley said...

I plan on reading the newest Nicholas Sparks book, "Safe Haven." I bought it a few months ago but of course I don't have much time to read until Christmas Break. I read a TON over Christmas & summer breaks!

mrsashcake said...

This is making me want to put away my computer and pull out my book!! :] I've been reading The Help for what feels like forever! I had the hardest time getting into it but I think it has finally grabbed my attention half-way through! haha

Happy Reading!

xoxo

Caitrin said...

My aunt just told me that I HAVE TO read The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo and the rest of the trilogy- it sounds like you really enjoyed the first book too so I might have to start reading those!