11.10.2010

Odds and Ends... AGAIN!

I've been an awful blogger lately, I just don't feel like I really have anything to say.  I'm leaving you with odds and ends posts until I get more creative... hopefully they're holding you all over. (Feel free of offer up ideas for a post, I'm desperate).

-No OOTW from last week, the heat had me resorting to summer clothes that I was so sick of I could scream, but I promise I'll return next week.  It only got to 75 degrees today and we had a chilly morning, so I was able to wear a sweater dress, leggings, and a jacket... this was by far the highlight of my week thus far. 

-I went shopping for 2 baby shower gifts at Target yesterday, and let me tell you, not speaking baby makes shopping the baby section very difficult!  The registry print-out didn't come with pictures, and it was extremely frustrating.  None of the names on the boxes matched the names on the registry EXACTLY, so I wasn't sure I was getting the right thing.   I had no clue the baby section would be so foreign to me, and I have no choice but to get used to it because I have at least 4 more baby showers before this spring, not to mention gifts once they're born... hopefully I'll get my bearings eventually. 

-I want to decorate our house, but can't get the motivation.  What if we only live here a year, is it worth it?  What if our next place is smaller and the couch we buy won't fit?  What room should I start on?  Maybe we should just stick it out with what we have 'til we own a house so we don't waste time and money making things right for this place because our next place could be COMPLETELY different?  Ahh, it's stressful.

-At school we agreed to have a teacher workshop tomorrow (on Veteran's Day) in place of on Friday, so we could all have a 3-day weekend.  I'm so excited for the long weekend, and plan on using the day to go to the eye doctor (I swear I'm going blind), and finally see Life as We Know It with some friends.  Counting the work day tomorrow I only have 7.5 work days before Thanksgiving break!  After that I only have 13.5 work days until Christmas Break! 

-I had a 20% coupon to Minted that I had to use by November 8th for our Christmas cards.  Despite my best efforts we still don't have a decent picture to put it the already purchased card, but thankfully they don't mind and will let me add the pictures later.  Taking a Christmas card worthy picture is now the mission of my upcoming weekend!  Speaking of Minted, their cards are so cute they make me want to ditch this teaching gig and go to school for graphic design... I could do that?  Maybe?

-I'm sure I've once again bored you all with mindless babble, so if you've made it this far God bless you!  I'm hoping to make my actual blogging return soon!

Blog Signature

4 comments:

Abby said...

Mindless babble is totally okay! And, yay, for short months!!!! I'm right there with you on the daily countdowns :)

Deirdre said...

You still make mindless babble entertaining to read! Hang in there!

mrsashcake said...

It is so weird for me to see people talk about Minted on blogs because my Sister In Law works there! She worked their last year just seasonally and they asked her back this year with more possibility of a full time gig. She's one of the graphic designers there and manages some of the other designers... crazy right?! haha :]

Rachel said...

I know I'm a week late commenting. Oops! Life is crazy right now!

But I wanted to comment on quitting teaching and becoming a graphic designer. I am right there with you. Let's quit and start a teacher paper press company! Teacher stationary? Could be so cute :)