11.29.2010

Our Thanksgiving

We traveled back to Indiana over Thanksgiving, and had a fantastic time catching up with family and friends!

We got into Indiana SUPER late on Tuesday night, and took it easy until the rest of the family arrived on Wednesday night. 

Thursday morning we had Thanksgiving brunch at my grandpa's house, then in the afternoon there was a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner thrown by CAhusband's parents with 32 people!!!

A highlight of my Thanksgiving was the coloring contest that CAhusband's mom set up.  We all got to color a Thanksgiving placemat, and then they were judged in 3 categories by the judges: Best Traditional Turkey, Most Original, and Prettiest. 


As a 2nd grade teacher I was thrilled to have a chance to show off my coloring skills, and admitted to everyone I would be pretty disappointed if I didn't win 1 of the categories.  Once all 20+ participants completed their turkeys I was a little intimidated, there are some seriously skilled colorers in our fam. 

 The first one is mine, and the patriotic one is CAhusbands (go figure).

Thanks heavens I was able to pull in a win for the prettiest turkey! 

Friday we went to Indianapolis to see my BIL and SIL's new place, then we went to dinner at Brugge in Broadripple, where I was also able to meet up with some of my BFF's who were also in town.



It was so much fun to see so many of my friends, I hate that we're all so far apart.

Saturday we relaxed and watched football all day, and played games all night.

Sunday I got to have lunch with my BFF from HS at my favorite place, Pizza King, then CAhusband and I did a little shopping in Indianapolis before leaving town.  We got home around 1 a.m. this morning, and were SO happy to return to warm weather and our adorable girls!

I'm currently recouping from the 5 nights away by doing mass amounts of laundry, cleaning, and organizing.  I'm so glad I decided to take a "sick day" today, there's just no way I could have made it through the day on 4 hours of sleep!

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday with your families!

Blog Signature

3 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I LOVE the idea of a placemat coloring contest! So fun! and, your turkey was very pretty! Glad you had a great holiday with family & friends!

Virginia Belle said...

I loved getting to see you guys over Thanksgiving! Now let the recovering begin :)

mrsashcake said...

Um, the coloring contest is freaking awesome! I so have to do that some day when I have 32 people over. Okay that will probably never happen but still... its a fabulous idea!!

(and yours is definitely prettiest :)