In the beginning of 2010 I made a goal to read 25 books this year. I knew it was a lofty goal, and what do you know, I didn't quite make it. I did read 21 books though, and I know if I count the chapter books I've read at school with my kiddos so far this year, I technically have met my goal. I'll give myself an A for effort!
Some of my favorite bloggers, Rachel from In No Simple Language, Erin from Blue Eyed Bride, and Mel from For the Love have done a similar post to this, and I figure that since reading is a favorite hobby of mine I should do one too!
Here are my books from last year...
I doubt you all want to take the time to read a review on all of these books, so here are my hits and misses…
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- This story of friendship over time is now an all-time favorite. I laughed, I cried… I highly recommend it!
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- I was afraid this book would be sad so I put off reading it for a long time. I finally caved, and am so glad I did. This book was amazing, and I think I have recommended it 50 times since I finished it!
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- This teen-lit was a real page-turner. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series in 2011!
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- The 2nd book in the series did not disappoint, and had a much faster pace than the first!
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
- I’m so over Giffin’s tales of adultery, and just wasn’t feeling this book! I couldn’t relate to the characters at all.
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- This book seemed like it would be so profound, and well, I just couldn’t get into it. It wasn’t bad, but I wouldn’t really recommend it.
- Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert
- This was my 2nd go-round with this book, and I finally finished it this time. Again, I didn’t hate it, but I had a hard time sympathizing with her whining, and it dragged at times.
I’ve already got a huge list of “Must Read” books for 2011, and yes, my goal for 2011 will be 25 books too!
What were your favorite reads of 2010? Any recommendations for 2011?