My friend Brooke and I went to see Country Strong this weekend, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I've seen all sorts of reviews on this film, and because I had strong feelings about how much I loved this movie, I feel compelled to share.
I keep trying to write a full review for this movie, but can't seem to without giving too much away; therefore, I'm just going to leave you with some brief thoughts!
- I loved Garrett Hedlund's character as the blossoming country star, although I constantly was hoping his character would shave this very shaggy and pitiful beard.
- I was fully prepared to be annoyed with Leighton Meester's character, but ended up loving her charm and was rooting for her in the end.
- The music in this movie was wonderful, I've already downloaded both soundtracks!
- This movie isn't all country music and song and dance, it's a sad story of addiction and depression. I didn't mind this and expected as much. It's still a touching story.
- I have always loved Gwyneth Paltrow and think that she did a great job pulling off this role. I was sympathetic for her character, but also found myself being extremely frustrated with her!