3.24.2011

A Mid-Week Weekend

First, I would just like to say thank you to all of my wonderful readers.  I didn't expect all of your incredibly sweet comments and emails about my job uncertainty, and I can't tell you how much better you all made me feel.  You all had such great points, and helped me feel much more at ease with everything! 

I took yesterday and today off of work, and it is by far the best decision I've made in along time.  After last week, it was wonderful to take a break and de-stress.  Despite the fact that CAhusband has been up at the crack of dawn both days, thus waking me and the dogs up too, these last 2 days have been heaven. 

It's amazing how much you can get done on a weekday when you're not working.  The weekends go so fast, and I try to spend as much time with CAhusband as possible, so we don't get quite as much accomplished as I would necessarily like to.  It's been great to get a lot done,  have some fun, and just relax and hang with my pups. 

Some of the highlights have been...
  • Laying by the pool, getting a tan, and finally finishing Water for Elephants
  • Enjoying the Project Runway show at Palm Desert Fashion Week (more on this later)
  • Cleaning out my DVR
  • Getting some organizing done around the house
  • Hitting the gym mid-day (it's always packed at night, it's so much more peaceful going in the morning)
  • Doing some much needed deep cleaning
In other news, I'm extremely excited about The Office proposal tonight!  Will you be watching?

Blog Signature

5 comments:

the queen said...

SO excited for the Office proposal tonight!!! I have been Team Holly early on!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I can't wait to watch the proposal. I'm in class until late tonight but will definitely be catching up tomorrow.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yay for a couple days of to de-stress, relax, and get some things done! :) I'm sorry about the job situation, I can't believe that. Saying a prayer for you that you find another great job that you love and even more quickly than you thought!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I'm telling you.... I don't even mind working the weekends that much because mid-week weekends are SO relaxing. I get SO much done while everyone else is out working!

The Raymonds said...

So glad you have enjoyed a couple of days off work! Sitting by the pool and getting a tan...awww, so lucky! Up here in NorCal it is raining cats and dogs! And yes, I am very excited for The Office tonight!