8.19.2011

5 Friday Favorites



Here are 5 of my favorite things this Friday...

1. Tracey and Dylan are Engaged!
Two of my favorite people finally got engaged, and I am over the moon!  I have been waiting for this engagement for awhile now, and am thrilled that I have a wedding that I get to add to my calendar for next summer already.  Tracey and Dylan make the perfect couple, and I'm so incredibly happy for them both. 

2. Boggle for iPad
This is my new game obsession!  I've always loved word games and the original Boggle, but right now I can't stop playing Boggle for iPad.  I'm not sure how CAhusband will feel about me taking the iPad to school, but I'd love to teach my second graders how to play.  I think they'd love it!

3.  Mom is Moving In!
As I've mentioned before, my parents are moving.  My dad has already moved, and my mom is staying here through the end of September.  Well, it has been hectic sorting it all out, but she has to be out of their house this weekend, which means she's moving in with us tonight!  Some people might not be so thrilled about their mom moving in, but I can't wait!!  I'm really looking forward to getting in some more quality time with her.

4. Bachelor Pad
Oh my, I'm embarrassed to admit how much I'm entertained by this show.  The rose ceremony with Jackie and Ames this week was beyond perfect, and the overall drama is intense and ridiculous all at the same time.  One thing I'm sure of... I hate Vienna and SHE. MUST. GO!

5. House Rules by Jodi Picoult
 House Rules tells the story of Jacob Hunt, a high school senior with Asperger's who is fascinated with forensic science.  When Jacob's tutor is murdered, his inappropriate affect and obsession with the crime ends up looking an awful lot like guilt to law enforcement officials. 

I tend to space out my Jodi Picoult books, because although they're great stories, they also tend to leave you a little depressed afterwards.  I hadn't read one in over a year though, so I decided to take House Rules on our family vacation last week.  I instantly fell is love with the story, and couldn't put it down.  I highly recommend this book!

What are your favorite things this Friday?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Blog Signature

9 comments:

Aimee said...

I cannot stand Vienna either but I loved how Chris H. totally shut her down. Someone needed to! I really wonder what Ali Fed thinks about this season because she was cast with the crazy triangle of Kacey, Vienna and Jake.

Jennifer said...

I remember you posting about color--coordinated book shelving some time ago and just read a cool post from Jenny at Little Green Notebook, she is also posting on Babble now:

http://blogs.babble.com/the-new-home-ec/2011/08/19/inspiring-rainbow-bookshelves/?pid=709#slideshow

Just thought you would be interested:)

Natalie said...

I would be so excited if my mom moved in, my husband probably would not! I am also secretly addicted to the Bachelor Pad. I acn't stand Vienna she is so whiney all the time. Thanks for the book suggestion adding it to my list!

Day Old News said...

I love it when my mom is around. I told her I was gifted a new candle & she says, "I know where you should put it." She kind of organizes my life when I get tired of doing it myself. :)

Kristin said...

Vienna is such a crazy idiot!! Cant stand her!!!!

Fash Boulevard said...

LOVING B pad this season. and i'm sorta shocked how i keep routing for jake. lol. what's happening. :) thanks for another amazing post. Stop by to see pics from my RACHEL ZOE encounter in Beverly Hills and see who I chose as my Fash Fave and Fash Fail for the week. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

Vienna....gross! She's horrible!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I love Boggle!! J and I play all the time! I've also played with my students!

Tracey said...

Thanks for the shout out! So excited to start planning. Hopefully I will have good news about the location soon. Miss you!