8.28.2011

Last Day of Summer


Although I've been working at school off and on for a few weeks now, tomorrow is my first official day of school with my students.  That would make today my last day of summer... yikes!

Part of me wants to have a big ugly cry because I'm so sad that my summer is over, while part of me is excited to start a new year.  One of my favorite things about teaching is that it allows you to start fresh every single year.   After my summer off, I feel so much better and am ready to tackle a new school year.

I don't think I can adequately express how wonderful this summer has been.  I got so much done, had plenty of time to relax, and nearly completed my summer to-do list.  This great feeling doesn't come without some reservations though, because I've definitely gotten used to my freedom over the summer.  My days of having plenty of time to read, make dinner, hit the gym, and keep the house clean with no stress are over.  I know it will be much harder to fit all of this into my schedule again, but I've done it before and survived... I can do it again!

So here we go....

-I have 2 weeks worth of teacher outfits ironed and hanging in the closet
-My classroom in ready
-My first week is planned

.... ready or not, the school year starts tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

Blog Signature

10 comments:

melissa said...

Good luck! I hope it's a great week!

Ari- Audrey Onassis said...

So, I am one of those people who gets a dreadful feeling every Sunday evening, because I know the weekend is coming to a close and that I have to go to work the next morning. I can't even IMAGINE what kind of Sunday feeling teachers have on the last day of summer vacation.

Also, I love that you have two weeks of outfits ironed. Stuff like that always makes such a big difference for me in my day-to-day life.

Good luck!

Michelle said...

Good Luck!!! :)

California Wife said...

Hope you're whole year is fantastic!!!

Deirdre said...

Sorry Peyt! haha - One of the pitfalls of having your mom live with you and share a computer! I hope you're whole year is fantastic! :)

LongIslandTeacher said...

Good luck!!! :)

Jared and Kim said...

I hope you have a great first day! You are ready to go, so I'm sure it will be wonderful! I would also like to say how much I admire your "readiness" --2 weeks worth of clothes ironed and ready is like A+ material for me!!! I think I'm going to have to find some time to at least get one week down! :) We go back to school next Tuesday, but with Hurricane Irene interfering with our 2 weeks of prep time, I'm hoping to be somewhere close to being ready!!! Good luck!

Kim--thevanackers.blogspot.com

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear all about the start of your school year :)

Rachel said...

Good luck and hang in there!! We both have a long year ahead of us :)

Virginia Belle said...

I hope you have a great first day! I'll be thinking about you :)