9.19.2011

Emmy Fashion

If you've been reading this little blog for long at all you know that I am TV obsessed!  I also love all award shows and the fashion that comes with them, but I must say the Emmy's are the awards show that I truly enjoy watching the most.  As opposed to the Oscar's and other shows I truly watch most of the shows that are nominated, so I actually have quite a strong opinion on who should be winning!

Overall, I thought the show was so-so.  Definitely enjoyable, but not amazing. 

I loved Ty Burrel's acceptance speech for supporting actor in a Comedy, and although I love Modern Family whole-heartedly, I was a little sad that they pretty much swept the entire comedy category.  I would have really loved to see Parks and Rec win a few!

The other highlight of my night was seeing Friday Night Lights pick up 2 well deserved Emmys!  The fifth and final season of the show was perfection, and Kyle Chandler definitely earned  his Emmy for best actor in a drama for his role as Coach Taylor.

Now onto the fashion....

Aside from the fact that everyone under the sun wore red, I was a little "meh" overall about the fashions.  Lots of pretty looks for sure, but not a whole lot that truly wowed me!
My Nominees for BEST DRESSED:

Cat Deeley in Monique Lhuillier
I don't think I've ever seen Cat in a dress I don't love!

Lea Michele in Marchesa (via)
I kind of wanted to hate this, but I just couldn't.  Lea looked beautiful!

Nina Dobrev in Donna Karen (via)
This was my favorite red dress of the night!  Loved the bottom!

Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein Collection (via)
Now, I know this is controversial because she definitely landed on some worst dress lists, but I liked the dress a lot.  I didn't like her hair or how it was really styled, but I really loved the color, and the simple style of the dress.  Is it red carpet appropriate?  Maybe not.  I still liked it!

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt in Elie Saab (via)
Talk about a gorgeous couple!  I think they both looked fabulous and are just too darn cute together!

Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt
This is my second choice for best dressed couple of the night. 
Jon Hamm always looks handsome, and Jennifer looked beautiful in this vintage yellow dress.

Now onto the WORST DRESSED:

Dianna Argon (via)
Gag, this was just awful!  Talk about a pretty girl totally blowing it on the red carpet.  This dress was not only ugly, but it wasn't age appropriate at all.

Gweneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci (via)
I want to love everything my girl Gwennie does, but I just wasn't feeling this look at all! 

Julliana Margulies in Armani Prive (via)
I love Julliana but this dress was one hot mess.  It was wrong on so many levels, and her hair looks bad too.  I'm afraid poor Julliana will top every worst dress list!


What did you think of the Emmy's?  Who did you pick for Best and Worst Dressed?


Blog Signature

4 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Thanks for posting this...I didn't even watch!

kourtney said...

I couldn't keep my eyes open to watch all of the Emmy's, but did catch some styles beforehand-
Best- Sarah Hyland, Julia Stiles, Nina Dobrev & Sofia Vergara

Worst- Melissa McCarthy, Julianna Margulies, & Amy Poehler

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I pretty much agree with all of your picks for best and worst... although I'm just meh about Lea Michele.

What was poor Julliana Margulies thinking??

melissa said...

You know I agree about Parks & Recreation! I was pulling for Amy Pohler and wanted P&R to win Best Comedy. Maybe next year. And Ron Swanson deserved a nomination.

What the heck was Gwyneth thinking? Terrible dress. I hadn't seen Emily Blunt's dress - gorgeous!