11.20.2011

Happy Things

Thanksgiving week is finally here, and if you ask me there's no better time then now to share all of the happy little things that I'm grateful for.

{via}

-It is a 1.5 day work week! 


-I finally finished American Wife this weekend, and I loved it.  Now I'm starting Mockingjay, I don't know how I've waited this long to finish the series.


-The butternut squash risotto from Fresh and Easy is finally available on its own.  If you're not in CA, NV, or AZ you haven't likely experienced Fresh and Easy markets before, but this risotto is amazing.  I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.


-I've picked up after school tutoring 3 times a week.  Although it's not always ideal to add an extra hour to my work day, the extra money will definitely come in handy. 


-Our flight home to Indiana is as close to perfect as you can get when flying out of the very small Palm Springs airport.  We leave at 10 pm Tuesday and get in bright an early Wednesday morning.  Although a red-eye flight isn't always ideal, we love it for trips to Indiana back because we don't have to waste a whole day traveling. 


-Every pair of brown boots I have wanted this year have been over $400, which isn't an option, especially when I can only wear them for about 6 weeks out of the year. Well, yesterday I finally found a reasonably priced pair at DSW, and they're just perfect.  I'm wearing them for the first time today with jeans... yup, jeans at work on a Monday.  I'm a rebel.


-My school added an extra day to our Christmas Break last week!  We now go back Tuesday, January 3rd instead of Monday the 2nd.  The best part is that they didn't add another day onto our year. WOOHOO!

-CAhusband and I started watching Homeland last week!  If you have Showtime, you absolutely must watch this show, it's so good!

-I get to see all of my favorite people this week.  Between now and next Sunday I will have a chance to see nearly all of my family, and several great friends that I haven't seen in far too long. 

What are some of the happy little things in your life this week?

Blog Signature