11.30.2011

Thanksgiving Recap!

If you've been reading this blog at all, you know how excited I was to see all of my family and friends back in Indiana over Thanksgiving.  We left last Tuesday night, and flew all night to arrive in Indianapolis on Wednesday morning.  Once we arrived in our home town, the rest of our family started to slowly arrive and the fun began!

It was absolutely wonderful to see some of my favorite people and I loved being home in Indiana.  The one downside was that I managed to get pretty sick right before we flew home.  I typically get a really bad sore throat and cold on my birthday each year... well, this year it came during my Thanksgiving break... GO FIGURE!  Despite being sick, we have an absolutely wonderful trip home.  My only other regret is that I did an absolutely horrible job of taking pictures while we were home.  I desperately wanted a new picture of CAhusband and I with my parents and sister, and it just never happened.  A  big thanks to my SIL, Virginia Belle who I borrowed a few of these pictures from!   
 

 
Here are some of the highlights of our trip:
  • Getting to spend quality time with both my family and CAhusbands.
  • A Thanksgiving brunch at my grandparents house with my mom's side of the family .
  • A Thanksgiving feast at CAhusband's parents house.
  • My favorite decorated sugar cookies from my favorite local baker.
  • Leading a pine cone turkey craft for the whole family. (As the teacher, I was assigned this job to keep everyone occupied while the kitchen was cleaned.  Leading this craft for 30+ non-2nd graders was not as easy as I thought it would be).
  • Royal Feast from Pizza King and Chicken Nachos from Qdoba: 2 foods I can't enjoy in CA.
  • Successful Black Friday shopping with my mom, dad, and sister-in-law Katie that allowed me to mark 4 people off of my list.  I then was able to wrap their gifts and leave them in Indiana... so happy I got this done.
  • Meeting up with my friend Tracey for lunch in Indianapolis.
  • A Very Gaga Christmas.... what can I say?  I loved this holiday special.
  • Turkey Burn at the YMCA with my MIL and SIL.  It definitely felt good to exercise after eating so much on Thanksgiving.
  • The COLTS game in Indiana before heading home on Sunday night.
  • Non-hectic traveling during the busy holiday season.  All of our flights were exactly on time, no stress at all!
Aside from being sick, it was a fantastic trip.  We couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving with all of our loved ones. 

Blog Signature

5 comments:

Christine said...

Glad you had a great trip!! Those cookies look amazing!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Sounds like a perfect thanksgiving! It is always nice to see friends and family!

Anonymous said...

actually there are Qdobas in SoCal. I am not 100% sure where you live but you go to their website you can find all their SoCal locations. I live in Valenica ( by Magic Mountain) and have one a few miles away.

Virginia Belle said...

We had a great time with you guys and can't wait to start planning our trip to California :)

kourtney said...

Looks/sounds like you all had a wonderful holiday together! I'm sure you were so glad to see your parents! And you how jealous I am that you were able to indulge in PK pizza!! I also watched the Very Gaga Christmas! Looks like you will need to get yourself a Colts jersey... ;)