12.29.2011

My 2011 Book List

I had it in my head that my goal was to read 30 books this year, and was so disappointed that I'd missed it.  Luckily, I just looked back on my 2011 goals, and I actually only wanted to read 25!  This may seem trivial to you, but this is one goal that I really wanted to make and I was going to be so disappointed that I missed it. 

This year I caught up on a lot of James Patterson books that I'd been behind on.  None of them were really all that special, but I just can't give them up.  They're perfect beach reads if you like a mystery you can easily finish in a weekend.  If you read Patterson, I think you'll enjoy them, otherwise I don't really recommend them.  Other than that I read a lot of wonderful books that I would highly suggest you read. Overall I managed to read 27 books this year. 

Here they are (not necessarily in order):









My Top 5 of 2011:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest: I finally finished this series in 2011, and I'm so glad I stuck with it.  Although the first book was kind of hard to get through, I loved the second one, and the last one was absolutely wonderful.  I know this series isn't for everyone, but it you can make it through the first half of Dragon Tattoo, you won't be sorry you stuck with it.

Bossypants: One night I was reading this book in bed and got to laughing so hard that I was crying. I literally could not stop laughing, and CAhusband thought I'd really lost it.  I highly recommend this quick and hysterical read!

Catching Fire and Mockingjay: I don't know why I put off finishing this series, I guess I just didn't want it to end.  If you haven't read the Hunger Games series yet, I suggest you do in 2012!

Divergent: This was my very last book of 2011.  If you loved Hunger Games you will love this book.  I couldn't put it down and read it in 2 days. 

Honorable Mentions:
These are all wonderful reads that I'd recommend to anyone!

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline
House Rules by Jodi Picoult
Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

Now, I want you to let me know what your favorites were this year.  I'm already assembling my list for 2012, and would love to hear what I'm missing out on. 

Here's my 2010 list in case you're interested.
Blog Signature

6 comments:

Classy Fab Sarah said...

So many good ones on your list!! I think I'll have to read Bossypants this year... I'm not a huge Tina Fey fan or anything... but I guess I just need to do it to see what the fuss is about!

Deirdre said...

One of my favorites was actually your (you have to put it on your list) was Maria de los Santos "Love Walked In"... loved it.

Colleen Sullivan said...

You've read so many books this year--good for you!! I just bought a Kindle and I'm hoping it will make me a little more interested in the books I'm reading.

I started the Hunger Games series but stopped after book 1. Bossypants is my favorite book this year. All the other books I've read this year have been pregnancy related.

The Bryants said...

All of my favorites were on your list except Heaven is for Real and Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Both were great! I loved seeing your list.
Bossy Pants is planned for my book club this year. I am excited!
I love reading your blog, it reminds me of when my husband and I were in Vegas for a few years at the beginning of our marriage. We made it back home to Texas awhile ago. :)

Dawn said...

I love James Patterson, though I haven't been hearing good things about his latest Alex Cross. You gave me several books to add to my list!

Rachel said...

Man...we have a lot of books in common! I loved Look Again! I need to read more books by Scottoline.

Also, so glad you loved Divergent and American Wife. Both are two of my very favorites!