1.30.2012

Birthday Weekend Recap

Despite being slightly under the weather, CAhusband and I had a wonderful weekend celebrating my 26th birthday.  I didn't really like the idea of my birthday being on a Sunday, so we kind of celebrated all weekend long! 

Friday night CAhusband surprised me by bringing home some Sprinkles cupcakes from La Jolla!  Ever since I found out they had a bakery there, I've been bugging him to bring me some home. My birthday weekend was the perfect time, YUM!


We had some amazing weather this weekend, so Saturday we went out to do some shopping, eating, and drinking!  I was so happy to be able to wear one of my favorite spring tops, but still ended up being way too hot!  I should have worn shorts and a tank!


We tried a new restaurant for lunch, did a little bit of shopping, and then ended up at our favorite Mexican place to grab one more drink before heading home! 


We then spent the rest of the afternoon watching Hangover 2 (absolutely horrible movie) before heading back out to our favorite restaurant for a late dinner.

Sunday morning brought a major cough and a birthday girl that didn't feel so great.  CAhusband got up right away and stocked the house with cough drops and cold medicine, and even brough me home some donuts!  If that man has learned anything, it's that frosting and sprinkles are the way to my heart!


I didn't end up feeling so great all afternoon, so we watched Moneyball, which was fantastic.  We both really loved it! 


After the movie we went to a local Steakhouse with our friends for a fun birthday dinner.  It was our friend Alan's birthday too, so it was fun to celebrate together. 


Overall, I had a wonderful and relaxing birthday weekend, despite being somewhat sick once again! 

CAhusband surprised me with the Coldplay tickets I wanted so badly, so we plan to pretend it's my birthday all over again when we go to the concert in May. 

Blog Signature

7 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Happy Birthday Sweets!! I hope you feel better soon! And might I add what a sweet hubby bringing you doughnuts- my man could learn a thing from him!

Katie said...

Happy belated birthday!!

As a fellow winter birthday girl I know how fun it is to get warm weather and sun! It makes the whole day that much brighter!

Mel said...

Happy birthday!

Christine said...

cupcakes, mexican food, margaritas AND donuts!!! Sounds like THE perfect birthday weekend to me!!

Deirdre said...

WOOHOO! Coldplay tickets? That's awesome! Glad the weather was nice for your birthday! And you managed to have fun without us ;)

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you're feeling better :)

Kristin said...

How fun! Sprinkles is pretty dang good!