1.16.2012

Golden Globes 2012

Well, what can I say?  I didn't intend to take nearly two weeks off of blogging, but these things just happen sometimes.  I plan to be back with a little more regularity now, and there's no better excuse to start blogging again than some red-carpet fashion.

Last night we went to watch the Giants vs. Packers game with some friends, and I planned to be home right at the start of the Globes.  We got home just at 5:30 which allowed me to watch most of the show boring acceptance speech free! 

The Golden Globes are one of my favorites because they honor both TV and movies... 2 of my favorite things.  Sadly, I watch or have seen nearly all of the TV shows that were nominated.  I haven't done so well in the movie department this year, but plan to remedy all of that before the Oscars!

Here are some things I learned from the Golden Globes:

-I knew Homeland was an amazing show!  It's 2 awards were extremely well deserved.  If you haven't watched this, it's time you start!
-I absolutely must go see Descendants, and am going to remedy that on my day off today. 
-My Week with Marilyn is the next flick on my must see list!
-I need to get season 1 of Downton Abbey on Netflix!
-NBC really wants us to watch Smash, and I'm completely falling for all of their ads.  I can't wait for this show!

Now, here are my favorite fashions from last night:

Heidi Klum in Calvin Klein Collection
This perfectly simple nude dress with turqoise jewelry was perfection. 

Salma Hayek in Gucci
Such a gorgeous dress.  I love the beading on the top and the sparkle of the skirt.

Claire Danes in J. Mendel
This is black and white done in such a fun way.  I love the back!

Jessica Alba in Gucci
I normally hate this color and it didn't do much for me on the carpet, but when she walked on stage to present her award I was blown away by how beautiful she looked in this dress.

Charlize Theron in Dior
I wasn't so sure about this at first, but I think I've decided I love it. 
 I think the hair and headband are what sold me on this look.

Paula Patton in Monique Lhullier
I'm not sure there's ever been a Monique Lhullier dress I don't love, and this
beautiful yellow looks amazing with Paula's skin tone and hair color.

Now, I have to say my biggest disappointment of the night has to go to Jessica Biel.  I think she is such a gorgeous girl, and I was hoping she'd make a killer red carpet moment to really draw in the press after her recent engagement to JT.  Sadly this was a huge misstep and I agree with the press, she looked like she borrowed her Grandma's wedding dress.  Major fail.


Who were your favorites last night?

Blog Signature

7 comments:

kourtney said...

I loved Heidi's dress! The color mixed with the turquoise looked so well together.

Jessica Alba looked fantastic too. That color looked great on her.

I also loved Reese Witherspoon, I liked the beachy waved hair and the color of her dress. Really popped on her.

I think everyone agrees with you, what was with Jessica Biel? I expected a form fitting, colorful dress on her. Not that horrid tablecloth. [Have we seen her ring??]

Katie said...

I loved this post! Charlize, Reese, & Heidi were my favs!

Deirdre said...

Charlize was definitely my favorite... flawless! Love the hair, make-up. Loved it! I'm with you on the "mauve" color of Jessica's dress, but she looked stunning in it. I thought Angelina looked too severe and I didn't like Julianna Margelese (sp?) earring/dress color combo. But all in all, very few mis-steps. Loved the jewels too!

Virginia Belle said...

I have to agree with DeeDee, Charlize was my absolute favorite of the night. She looked fantastic! I still can't get over Jessica Biel's look. She has such an amazing figure and yet wore such an atrocious dress!

Kristin said...

I loved most of the dresses!! Has Jessica even confirmed the engagement? I feel like we might be getting fooled

Melanie said...

Heidi and Reese were my faves! I just didn't love Charlize's headband, it seemed like too much with the dress.

Jess said...

I loved Heidi and Jessica's looks. For some reason I'm really loving those light colors this year.