1.04.2012

This January

Aside from the fact that my birthday is this month, I kind of hate the month of January.  It's just kind of a blah month for the most part, and it always seems like kind of a let down after the excitement of the holiday season.

We're having some gorgeous weather right now though, so I'm trying to find the fun in the month that lies ahead although things will be pretty low key around these parts.


This January I/we will...
  • Focus on getting my 2012 resolutions off to a good start!  This year I an keeping it simple: exercise more, cook more, read more, save more!
  • Try not to get sick for my 26th birthday!  If I'm sick this year, it will be my 3rd sick birthday in a row, and that's just not acceptable.
  • If I can come through on the previous goal, we hope to make some fun plans for my birthday on the 29th.
  • Go see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.  I think this movie looks so good!
  • Plan our President's Day weekend getaway (we're thinking Scottsdale or LA, feel free to weigh in).
  • Enjoy a long weekend at home with CAhusband for MLK day.
  • Hit the half-point in the school year, and do a major happy dance! 
  • Try my hardest to resist buying all of the darling new spring clothes I'm spying everywhere.
  • Try not to get sucked into too many of the new TV shows that are starting up.
  • Go to at least one new (to us) restaurant that's on our list.
  • Track my exercise and what I eat on my new My Fitness Pal app. 
What are you up to this January?

Blog Signature

11 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday month! I just started using My Fitness Pal too. Happy New Year!

Ari- Audrey Onassis said...

I vote Scottsdale (and coffee with me!) for President's Day weekend.

I too just started using My Fitness Pal. Who knew I ate so much? I did not.

Cherise said...

happy birthday month! and THANK YOU for the 'My Fitness Pal' mention -- I've been looking for a good diet/exercise app for months now and haven't found anything impressive. =)

The Bryants said...

Another weekend place to think about is Sedona.... we stayed at the Amara Resort when we went in 06 and it was so relaxing!

Mrs. W said...

Happy Birthday month! I vote Scottsdale. Sounds like a fun month.

Tiffany said...

Love this! Your goals are almost exactly mine too...save, feel good (exercise and healthy eating), read more! And I cannot WAIT to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Can.Not.Wait. Happy birthday month!

Virginia Belle said...

It sounds like you have a great month to look forward to! I also really hope to resist shopping for awhile. We need to save money and I can't fit anything else in our tiny closets anyway. I hope you don't get sick this year too, you deserve a fantastic Birthday!

Rookie Mama said...

I love the fitness pal app!! I have used it to loose the baby weight.

Deirdre said...

Ooooo I want to see that movie so bad and your dad said no way, too sad. I don't mind seeing a movie by myself, but crying thru a movie by myself sounds kinda pathetic, haha - I'm going tho!

Jess said...

Can't wait to follow you! I'm a California wife too, so I'm excited to see where you go on your adventures!

kourtney said...

Fingers crossed that you'll be completely well for your birthday this year so you'll be able to celebrate in style!
Go to Scottsdale! Let me live the trip through you! ;)
I'm having a hard time saying no to buying things. J keeps reminding me we are needing/wanting to move, so I need to stop it. My Longchamp was my last impulse/don't need it purchase. Now onto saving...
I have the My Fitness Pal app, never used it. That's how on top of losing weight I am!