5.08.2012

A Visit from C & C: Stagecoach

Stagecoach is a 3-day country music festival here in the desert, and it was the perfect excuse for Charlie and Christina (VAbelle) to come visit us.  I'm not even a huge country music fan, but this festival is all around fantastic!


After a long day of wine tasting in Temecula, we didn't make it to Stagecoach until pretty late on Friday night.  We saw Jason Aldean and he put on a great show, but we didn't manage to get any pictures!

Saturday we enjoyed the day soaking in the pool and made it to Stagecoach in time for Luke Bryan.  I wasn't really familiar with him or his music (I must have been living under a rock), and I am now completely obsessed.  He put on a wonderful show and I am now playing Drunk On You on repeat.   It's the perfect summer-time jam!




After Luke Bryan we saw Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert perform, and they were both wonderful.  Blake Shelton performing My Prerogative was another highlight of the night. 

Pardon the late night drunk and sweaty photo, but this picture is too funny (and classic Stagecoach) not to share. CAhusband has decided that this should be our 2012 Christmas card photo!  What do you think?

The people watching at Stagecoach is by far the best I have ever experienced.  I have never seen so many girls in bikinis and cowboy boots covered in absolutely hideous tattoos in my entire life.


Sunday night we made it to Stagecoach to see Martina McBride, Sheryl Crow, and Brad Paisley.    It was another wonderful night, but was a little more tame as CAhusband and I had to be up for work bright and early the next morning. 






If you live in southern California, you absolutely must check out Stagecoach next year!  Having been 2 years in a row I must say that it is one of my favorite weekends of the year.  I went through serious withdrawals after it was over, and already can't wait for a weekend full of country music again next April! 

It was the perfect excuse for C & C to visit, and I think they had a wonderful time. 
We already can't wait to see them again when we visit them in DC this July!

Blog Signature

9 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i LOVE these posts. this looks like so much fun and my mom and i are sitting here cracking up at your 2012 christmas card photo ;)

Claire Kiefer said...

I was just saying that I think I've gotten too old for music festivals, but this one sounds like a blast. I'm originally from the south, but I've been living in California for the past 8 years, and I miss country music. I love Blake & Miranda--they are hot!

Jess said...

Wow, sounds right up my alley. I wish I lived closer and Drunk on You is definitely my favorite summer song.

Deirdre said...

I'm looking for your boots... did you get some? I bet the people watching was a riot! So glad you all had fun!

CEE said...

Literally stumbled across your blog this morning via another, and the first person I see is Charlie Sursa! Went to college with him and he lived with my best guy friends, too random!

Adrienne said...

Oh my gosh, how fun! Love it :)

Rachel said...

This looks so FUN! And that picture! It should TOTALLY be your Christmas card pic for 2012 :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha, it looked and sounded like such a fun weekend! and so fun to get to go together too!

e photography said...

love your pink chevron dress where is it from ?!!!