6.12.2012

Catching Up

I definitely didn't intend to take a month away from blogging, but I think it was just what the doctor ordered.  The end of this school year was very stressful, and the thought of blogging at the end of the day wasn't exactly the idea of fun.  With that being said, here are some odds and ends to catch you up!

-Despite the stress, the end of the school year was great.  Each of the teachers at our school is responsible for teaching a special class, and this year I taught theater.  I truly enjoyed the whole experience, but when it came down to performing 3 separate musicals within 3 days of each other, the stress about put me over the edge.  Overall, the musicals were all extremely successful, and the kids and parents were all thrilled!  I really wasn't sure I could handle teaching theater because it isn't really my thing, but it all turned out perfectly. I'm signed up to teach it again next year, and am already starting to think about which plays I will do.  If you have any experience with this, let me know! 

-Yesterday was my last official work day at school and I went it to finish my cumulative cards and take down everything on my classroom walls.  It was a nice and short day, and I'm looking forward to taking a few weeks off before I head back in and start to slowly prepare for next year.  Unfortunately, I have to move classrooms again next year... why can't I just once stay in the same place?  It will be my third year teaching 2nd grade with the same curriculum though, so it should be easier from the planning side of things.

-CAhusband and I went to our very first gender reveal party for some friends recently and it was so much fun.  We were both on team PINK, so we were thrilled to see that they will be welcoming a baby GIRL this October.  They asked everyone to bring a book for the baby's future library, and I couldn't resist bringing the Knuffle Bunny series.  I absolutely love these books that are perfect for a boy or girl, and couldn't wait to share them with our friends.  I think the set looked so cute all tied up with twine and our Erin Condren gift labels!


-I grabbed this great dress (in the picture above) at Target a few weeks ago, and I love it so much I have to share!  It's cheap, super comfortable, and a great summer staple for running errands and still staying cool.  I got both the pink/tan and the grey/orange (neither color available online) and am already wearing the heck out of them.  If your Target still has these dresses, I highly recommend you give them a try. 

-I am heading to Indiana in just 15 days and I can't wait!  We are going for my friend Tracey's wedding, and will then drive to Virginia to see my parents in their new home.  From there we'll travel to DC for the 4th of July to see VABelle and Charlie.  This trip will be the highlight of our summer and I can't wait!


-I was really excited for Emily to be The Bachelorette, but I'm really not in love with this season so far.  Emily is gorgeous and very sweet, but I just don't think her personality is strong enough to carry a whole season on her own.  It's just kind of boring.  Overall, I'm thrilled that Kalon is finally gone, and I really like Sean, Jef, Chris, and Arie.  You know I'll continue to watch, but I really had my hopes up that this season would be more entertaining.


-We ordered HBO on Sunday because we couldn't resist missing the new season of True Blood while nothing else is on TV.  We then realized that we never finished Season 4, and spend our entire Sunday afternoon catching up.  We still haven't watched the season 5 premiere, but I have no doubt we'll get to it this weekend.  I'm also excited because this first season Girls is on HBO OnDemand.   I've heard so many good things about this new show, and look forward to catching up on the season so far.  Is there anything else good on HBO that we should be watching?




I'll be back tomorrow to chat all about some great summer reads with you all!

Blog Signature

9 comments:

La Cuoca said...

I LOOOOVE Julia Louis-Dreyfuss' new comedy VEEP. It's very dry humor and is so hilarious! Let me know how you like it!

Molly said...

You will not be sorry about your HBO subscription. True Blood is amazing! Girls is pretty hilarious and we love Game of Thrones too!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Woohoo for Indiana!! It's THE BEST!

Carol said...

I couldn't get into Girls, but love Veep!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Welcome back! You were missed. It sounds like you have a relaxing summer planned!

Jess said...

Love me some TRUE BLOOD and also I love your friend's idea about bringing a book to the gender reveal party.

melissa said...

I agree with the comment above - You have to watch Veep! It's hilarious! I'm watching Girls and I think I like it... It's very strange. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

I absolutely love theater, my major in college actually :) It's fun, but so challenging with kids...congrats on the first year of musicals!

I've been loving Girls. It's crazy, but so relate-able.

Deirdre said...

I wish I could've been there to see your musicals :( but glad they went well! Happy summer!