6.21.2012

Odds and Ends

Well, my summer was off to a great start.... until yesterday!
It was just my luck, that while out working in the yard I managed to trip and dislocate my baby toe yesterday morning.  Sheer panic took over as I nearly fainted from the shock.  I was just sure I would be left stranded in our yard in 100+ degree heat, with no one to find me for hours.  The toe itself really didn't hurt but I was extremely dizzy and light headed.  Luckily after sitting for some time and regaining my composure I was able to make it inside.  After some help from friends (CAhusband was in San Diego), several x-rays, and a few hours at urgent care it was determined that I not only dislocated it, but fractured it as well.  Lucky me!


Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated with the fact that I am now rocking this very fashionable boot in place of cute summer sandals.  The doctor also said I wouldn't be completely cleared to hit the gym again for 3-4 weeks, which is really discouraging given how motivated I had been to hit the gym every day.  I'd really been getting my endurance back up again, only to lose it all! 

Overall, I will survive and a broken toe is far from the end of the world, but I'm seriously shocked by how much pain I'm in.  I had no clue a little toe could hurt so badly.  The fact that we leave for vacation next week also doesn't make this ideal timing!  I'm hoping that if I go extra easy on it for this first week that I'll be able to stray from the boot wearing come next Thursday.  Fingers crossed!   

Anyway, enough of that....

-Did any of you watch the premiere of Miss Advised on Bravo?  I think this just might be one of my new summer favorites.  I love the premise of this show, and find it to be very entertaining. So far Emily is my favorite! 


-My friend and I went to see Rock of Ages on Tuesday and really loved it!  It was just such a fun summer movie, and with all of the great music, how could you not enjoy it?  I'm pretty sure I have the original version of all of the songs from the movie, but am definitely tempted to get the soundtrack.  Tom Cruise did a fantastic job playing Stacee Jaxx, and the rest of the cast was great too!  Have you seen it?  What did you think?


-Although the first official day of summer was just yesterday, I'm already stalking the pre-fall look books.  Fall clothes don't really make an appearance here in the desert until mid-November, but it's one of my favorite seasons for fashion.  I don't know if a navy purse is really a practical idea, and I'm not normally one for a patterned bag, but I'm loving this Tory Burch tote for fall.


-Since I'm going to take it as easy as possible on my foot for this next week before our vacation I've decided to start watching Suits!  The second season just premiered last week, but I've got season 1 coming on Netflix first.  I've heard so much hype over this show, so I'm hoping it will keep me entertained while I'm laid up on the couch these first few days.

Alright, I think that's all I've got for today, it's time to ice and elevate my throbbing foot! 

Blog Signature

7 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Oh Peyton. I am so sorry about your toe! I've had the pain that makes you feel like you could faint- not fun! Hang in there!

Rachael said...

Just watched Miss Advised last night and LOVE it! I am glad I have another show to add to the DVR line up this summer! Enjoy the mandated rest period for catching up on reading and TV shows!

Rachel said...

Oh no!! I hope your toe heals quickly, especially before your big trip!

E said...

You are going to love Suits! Cannot say enough good things about it! Let me know how you like it! Enjoy :)

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I've got Miss Advised on my DVR right now... can't wait to watch it asap!

Hope that toe heals SOON!

Virginia Belle said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your toe. What a scary and painful experience. I hope it heals quickly!

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed Rock of Ages. I can't wait to see it!

Kristin said...

hoping your toe heels quickly!