8.06.2012

Odds and Ends

Our summer is continuing on.   It's hot as can be, so we're pretty much holed up inside during daylight hours just watching the Olympics and working around the house.  I've started to work in my classroom, but can't quite get my momentum going once I'm there to work for any longer than 3 hours.  I still have a lot to do though, thank goodness we don't start until September 5th!

Anyway, here are some odds and ends I've wanted to fill you in on....


  • There is a grapefruit basil martini that I always get at Tommy Bahamas, and we finally decided to try to make them at home this weekend.  They were so yummy that I had 3, yes 3!  Oops!  The bartender filled us in on how he made them, but this recipe I found online is pretty close to what we did.  You must try this yummy summer cocktail, it's perfection.  For another summer cocktail, check out this Strawberry Basil martini recipe that my SIL, VAbelle, recently shared.  It's delicious as well!




  • After 3 years of talking about it, we are finally working on a gallery wall.  We are torn between 2 different hallways, and still want to add a few more frames, but it should be up soon!


  • I recently found this paper at The Container Store and couldn't pass it up.  I love the bright ikat pattern and can't wait to use it soon!


  • CAhusband will turn 27 on Saturday (the 11th) and we're throwing a party!  We're going to keep it pretty simple, but I can't wait to have our friends over to celebrate.  Now if the temperature would get below 110 degrees so we can enjoy some time outside, it would really be great!


  • My Mac died a few years ago, and I'd been sharing CAhusband's computer with him ever since.  Well his computer was fading fast, and we recently decided to buy a MacBook Pro.  I'd forgotten how much I'd loved using a Mac!  


  • I love Mathew Perry, and really want to like his new show, Go On, but I think the previews are just making it look horrible.  Not to mention they're over publicizing it during the Olympics.  Anyone else agree with me on this?


  • We still haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises and it really bums me out.  I just can't get excited to see it anymore after the tragedy in Colorado, so I think this is one that we're going to wait for on Blu Ray.  

Alright, I think that's all for now!  Have a great week everyone.

Blog Signature

6 comments:

Katie said...

I am feeling the same way about Matthew Perry's show. Actually- I am feeling the same way about EVERY show NBC is advertising right now! I keep thinking "They can't all be *that* bad, right?"

Also feeling the same way about TDKR, we have not been motivated to see it at all! Don't know if it was the CO incident or what?

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

We went to see the Dark knight in imax, and at the beginning i kept wondering which was the part where the shooter had come in. it was a bit rough...

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Both of those cocktails sound amazing!! I will def try them. Love that Tb top too, why is all her stuff so expensive??

Carol said...

I want so much to like Chandler's (yes thats how i think of him) show, but i agree that it looks terrible...did he learn nothing from mr sunshine?

Deirdre said...

I think it's funny that there are so many shows about therapy now! I really want Go On to be good (your sister says she always wants to say Goon because it's set up like the
LO
VE
hahaha! Btw I think Anger Management really sucks. Has anyone seen Lisa Kudrow's show?

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

So many fun things! :) We keep wanting to do a gallery wall but we're trying to find the right wall/fit! It looks like yours is going to be so pretty! Happy early birthday to your Hubby, it is always so much fun to have friends over for a celebration! My laptop is getting old too and we have been in the talks ;) about a Mac, we have never had one before! But we keep hearing everyone say they love them!