10.08.2012

Odds & Ends

Here are some odds and ends to get the work week started....

-Today marks the start of the 6th week of the school year, hence the continued lack of blogging!  I still haven't shared any pictures from my classroom, and am hoping to soon.  We've done some really cute projects so far this year (thanks to Pinterest), and my kiddos are great.

-Time Warner Cable finally added the NFL Network and Red Zone a few weeks ago!  We still don't have the entire Sunday Ticket, but Red Zone at least allows us to see some of the Colts games.   Between college football on Saturday and Red Zone on Sunday, I think it's safe to say we have football on the TV about 15 hours a weekend.

-Speaking of the Colts, I got this new t-shirt from Old Navy to wear on Sundays.  CAhusband and I had a great time sporting all of our Colts gear after the big Colts win over the Packers yesterday!


-I recently got my new iPhone5!  I love all of the updates, but hate that there are no cases available for the 5 quite yet!  I think this is the case I've decided on, now I'm just waiting for it to be available for the 5.



-Fall TV is back in full swing, and this TV-aholic is in heaven.  I think this just might be a topic that deserves a post of its own.

-I'm in the middle of two books (The Middle Place and The Next Best Thing) right now, and can't seem to find the time to finish either of them!  This is so unlike me, and it's making me crazy.  Maybe next weekend?

-CAhusband and I drove to Oak Glen on Saturday to visit Riley's Farm to do some apple picking and scope out the pumpkin patch.   We had such a fun little day and brought home the most amazing and gigantic apple pie you've ever seen!


-My best friend at work is on the first day of her maternity leave today.  I'm so incredibly excited for her, and can't wait to meet their new baby girl, but work definitely isn't going to be the same without her there.  It's going to be a long few months until January when she returns.

-I lost my 5-year old, absolute favorite sunglasses while we were in Florida over Labor Day.  I desperately need a new pair, and am really thinking these Warby Parkers might be perfect.  Does anyone have a pair?  Thoughts?


-I've heard so many wonderful things about The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  I just love Emma Watson, and really want to see this.  Has anyone seen it?


-Our local farmer's marker opened up again for the season, and is within walking distance of our house.  I love starting our Sunday morning off with a big walk and some fresh produce.  Yesterday I made pear, goat cheese, and honey crostinis with all of the great things we bought.  Yum!


Well, that's all I've got for now.  Have a great week everyone!

Blog Signature

5 comments:

melissa said...

Football is on our TV all weekend too. One of my favorite things about fall!

I've seen cases for the iPhone 5 on etsy at two of my favorite shops. Check out Pencil Shavings Studio and Emily Ley designs.

Brittney said...

That apple pie looks ridiculously good! Lucky you with the iPhone 5! I'm still trying to decide if I should upgrade or not.

Kaolee said...

I've been eyeing some Warby Parker glasses, but my prescription may be too high :( Let me know if you take the leap!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

How fun to have the farmer's market in walking distance! And we're hoping to go apple picking soon! We just went to a pumpkin patch this weekend :) That pie is huge! :)

Deirdre said...

That pie looks amazing! And your hair is getting so long! Been too long since I've seen you :( and we too have football on all weekend, love it - even if I'm not watching it! Just listening to it makes me love fall even more!