1.15.2013

Golden Globes Recap


Yay, awards season is finally here!!  I loved watching the Golden Globes on Sunday, and thought the whole show was really great.  Although I have hardly seen any of the movies that were nominated, I do watch almost all of the nominated TV shows regularly, which still made it fun.

My only real complaint from the show was that we didn't get to see more of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler! I thought they did such a great job with the opening, and I really wish we'd been able to see more of them.


I was overjoyed to see Homeland win big in the TV Drama categories.  Homeland is one of the best shows on television, and shouldn't be missed!  I don't know how I'm going to wait until next fall for season 3!

Girls was another big winner of the night!  Although this show is definitely a little different,  I can't wait to see what happens in the new season.  This show is definitely the next Sex and the City, with a little more quirk and a little (maybe a lot) less fashion.  Both of Lena Dunham's acceptance speeches were so sincere, and made me so incredibly happy for her success.

The only nominated movie that I have seen was Moonrise Kingdom.  Okay, I've seen The Hunger Games and Skyfall too, but since they were only nominated for songs they don't quite count.  I really want to see Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, and Silver Linings Playbook soon!

What does it say about me that I have absolutely NO DESIRE to see Les Miserables?  I just can't get into musicals.

Now, onto the red carpet....

Overall, I was pleased that none of the fashions were too tragic at The Globes this year!

I wasn't really a huge fan of all of the blush looks in January, and for the most part I thought a lot of people played it pretty safe.


I know I'm not the only one that was crazy impressed with how amazing Claire Danes looked less than a month after having a baby.  She looked fab in this red Versace.


 

Both of these black McQueen looks aren't something that I would normally go for, but I found myself really liking them.  Nicole Kidman is usually tragic on the red carpet, but she looked gorgeous in this dress.  Kate Hudson killed it in this gown, loved it.  

Unfortunately, I think Olivia Munn in Armani was one of my biggest disappointments.  I really love her, and think she could have pull off some really amazing looks.  This was just so boring.


Who were your favorite looks?
Which nominated movies were your favorites that I need to see before the Oscars?

Blog Signature

3 comments:

Rachel said...

First of all, so glad to see you blogging again! You've been missed :)

I loved Amy and Tina too! Can they host all the awards shows? Love them!!

melissa said...

I love a Golden Globes recap that includes some movie & TV talk with the fashion! I saw and loved Argo but I want to see so many more. Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Linings Playbook are at the top of my list too, with Lincoln. I was glad Homeland won as well. Do you watch House of Lies, the show Don Cheadle won best actor for? I'd never heard of it until he won.

I really liked Jennifer Garner's dress. Sarah Paulsen's was really pretty too. Olivia Munn is gorgeous - I agree the dress was a disappointment.

Deirdre said...

Love, love, loved Taylor Swifts dress, and I don't love her, also Kate Hudson's and I did like Olivia Munn's dress...I loved those little turquoise tiles, loved them! Also I wasn't feelin the blush dresses, at all. Movie-wise Argo was great! Can't wait for Silver Linings and I do kinda want to see Les Mis , cause I love epic pictures but it looks
depressing so don't know if it'll happen.