1.13.2013

It's Been Too Long...


Well, it's been far too long since I wrote here on the old Internet.  I think most of this stems from the fact, that I can't really write about a lot of the things that are on my mind: my job, CAhusband's job, our future, etc.  Some things just can't/shouldn't be shared with the world wide web, and that's why I've been stuck.  Most of the things on my mind fall into the "keep it to yourself" category.

Anyway, these last few weeks I've been getting a slight urge to write again.   Who knows if it will stick or not, but one thing I can promise is that I'm not going to write for comments, or just for the sake of putting a post out there.  When something comes to me, I'll be happy to share.

Gone are the days of racking my brain for a post.  Gone are the days of caring if anyone comments or responds.  If this little blog continues, it will be for no other reason than for me.

Since I've been away for quite awhile, I'll share a little bit of what wasn't blogged about....

CAhusband and I took a trip to LA in November.  It was wonderful, and we squeezed as much as humanly possible into those 3 days.

  • A USC football game
  • Shopping on Robertson Avenue and dinner at The Ivy (such tourists)
  • A Backstreet Boys concert at The Grove- no wonder it was so busy, we had NO IDEA
  • Cocktails at The Beverly Wilshire and window shopping on Rodeo Drive
  • Hikes at Runyon Canyon Park and the Griffith Observatory
  • Shopping and lunch at Blue Plate Oysterette in Santa Monica
  • Dinner at Craft
A few weeks later we shared our first Thanksgiving without family.  I think we were both a little sad that we wouldn't be seeing any of our loved ones, but we ended up having a great holiday with our friends.  We actually hosted Thanksgiving for ourselves and two other couples (+ their babies), which was pretty impressive given that I'm known for my failures in the kitchen.  CAhusband smoked a turkey breast that even our friend the chef raved about, and I managed to make stuffing for the first time ever that was delicious!  We were both so nervous about everything turning out, and were so relieved that it was all a success.

This year we traveled home to Indiana for Christmas and it was wonderful.  We were able to see so many of our family members and friends, and even got snowed in for a few days.  After not seeing snow for about 3 years, we loved every second of the blizzard, and even went sledding.  Lots of Pizza King pizza, a visit with Blue Eyed Bride, and a Colts game rounded out our trip.  

After a fantastic Christmas we headed north to Chicago for New Years with CAhusband's parents, and Katie and Jake (our brother and sister-in-law).  Although I nearly froze in the Windy City, it was a perfect way to end our trip and bring in the new year.

Okay, I think I've caught you up on most of the big and "fun" events from the last few months.  

I plan to share my 2012 book list, thoughts on the Golden Globes, and some birthday wish list items this coming week!

For all of you that are still tuning in out there- thank you for reading! 
 

Blog Signature

7 comments:

Linnea said...

Happy to read a post from you again. Sounds like you had a nice holiday season. I hope everything else in life works itself out for you.

Melanie Knopke said...

you are back! yay!!!! You have been missed :) You should always write just for you, I think that is what makes a blog unique and good to read. The ones that are doing it as a "business" always come off that way!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

And now I have to have Pizza King tomorrow. Thanks a LOT!

Virginia Belle said...

Welcome back! I'm so happy you're blogging again. I could not agree more with "blogging for yourself." That's my motto too, from now on I'm only blogging as a diary for myself. Which of course means no one will want to read it ;)

Day Old News said...

Glad you had a nice holiday! I will be heading down to Palm Springs at least twice in the next 6 months. The first I may be driving a car full of girls, but the second I will try to finally coordinate a meet up!

Deirdre said...

I agree, you should just write for you, that being said it's for purely selfish reasons that I want you to keep going. It makes me feel like you're not so far away. Also, I think you're very good at it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the GG fashion!

According to Ashley said...

Missed you!! Glad you're back in action! :)