2.12.2013

Life Lately

Leave it to me to make yet another return to blogging, and then stay away for nearly a month!  Life lately has been great, but extremely busy!  I've had plenty to blog about, but I just haven't been able to find the time to sit down and write.  Hopefully that is changing soon!

My Birthday
On the 29th, we celebrated my 27th birthday!  Unfortunately, my birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, which is the most dreadful day of my school week, but I still managed to have a great day!  My kiddos at school spoiled me with lots of gifts and well wishes, and CAhusband and I celebrated throughout the week.  After 3 previous years of being deathly ill on my birthday, I'm happy to report that I was healthy as can be.  I guess my flu shot worked!  Overall, it was a great birthday and I can't wait to see what my 27th year will bring.

Oscar Project
We always do a horrible job of seeing movies in the theater, and each year make it a goal to see at least a few of the nominated films before the Oscars.  So far, I've seen Silver Linings Playbook and Zero Dark Thirty.  I absolutely loved them both, and think I'll be really torn on who to root for in the categories where they are against each other.  They were both excellent films, must sees!



School
The school year is now more than half-way over, and I am really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  This school year has been a trying one at times, but I truly do love my little class of second graders.  We've got a busy few weeks coming up at school, and I'm confident that Spring Break will be here before I know it.  I think we've got about 75 days to go (but who's counting?) until summer.

Yoga and Barre
A new yoga studio opened just down the street and I decided to buy a new student package to give some of the classes a try.  I was mainly interested in their barre classes, because we don't have a Purre Barre here and I've heard so many great things about the classes.  I absolutely loved the barre classes, although I'd hoped my years of ballet would have helped me out a little more than they actually did.  I've decided to try the Vinyasa Yoga classes as well, which are still super intimidating.  I'm really inflexible right now, so it has been really challenging, but I'm getting better each time.  I really hope to stick with it!

Grammys 
I typically have a hard time getting into the Grammys because I don't really follow music that closely.  I listen to what's on the radio and the iTunes top charts, but that's about it.  Overall, I didn't really care too much about any of the awards, and the fashion didn't really make an impact on me.  I did really like Rihanna's red Azzedine Alaia dress though, and was thrilled to see Mumford and Sons win Album of the Year.



Visitors Coming
My parents are coming to visit in less than 2 weeks and I can't wait!  I haven't seen them since July, and am thrilled to get to see them 10 days in a row!!  They haven't been back to the desert since they moved almost 2 years ago, and I can't wait to take them to some of the new restaurants and soak up all of the quality time with them as I can.

I was actually off work yesterday, and have another 3-day weekend next weekend, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the time to get ahead on this whole blog post thing!

Blog Signature


3 comments:

Deirdre said...

Can't wait to get back to you guys, our friends, the sun and the mountains! I missed that gorgeous red dress! Wowzer, love it, she is beautiful (even though I don't agree with her and the whole Chris Brown thing). I thought it was a great show. How about Carrie Underwood's fiber optic dress! So cool!

Deirdre said...

I can't wait to get back to you guys, our friends, the sun and the mountains!
I missed that red dress, WOWzer! She looked gorgeous! And what about that Carrie Underwood dress...so cool! I thought it was a great show,

Natalie said...

i also loved silver linings and zero dark thirty...but also loved lincoln and les mis...can't wait to see what happens next sunday!